MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS (Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 10:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 11:42 am)

Date

MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS

Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 9:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 10:42 am

2033 W State St, Bristol, VA 24201

Participants

38 participants, 38 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Sep 12th 2019, 7:46 am
  • Sorry Mitch. You read E J's post wrong. he didn't mean I was buying. He meant that there was FUN in being the one buying. So we'll let you have all the fun and treat us all.

I went out to Sonic today to bring back lunch. The freakin' nerve of that lace. They were CLOSED. The sign had some lame thing about a pending HURRICANE. I never heard of of one called that before. Huge, Humoungous, FU***NG, but never PENDING

Phil

When we moved to Virginia we went to a local chain store to pick up some furniture 50 degrees and sunny but we had a snow storm in the forecast some time in the next few days.

Big hand written sign on the front door.

Closed cuz its gonna snow

No shit true story.

The storm passed to the north of us and the weather was spectacular for the next week.

Go figure

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Only 1 week away!!!

Having a wrench day at my place (this Saturday) for anyone needing some last minute tuning/repairs before the event. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Can't make it Saturday but would love to swing by on Sunday if the garage is open

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• You got a lime squeeze sling. No worries you can't make a mistake. You're perfect. It's a two hour loop. We'll meet at the dealer at 4pm. That way we can stop at 6pm and catch a bite to eat on the way back. Where we stop to eat will depend on how many Slings we have and where we can park. 4pm will hopefully give people coming to town that day enough time to make it and still get us back by dark.

123hotdog thanks for the update and yes.. Lime squeeze all the way. Miss my Yellow one (it was so bright you could see it from space!!), but it had issues. Like my ex wife.. We ( Painter ) and I were planning this nice leisurely ride from his place to Bristol over a few days.. Heading out on Tuesday morning and going south to the river than just going where the road takes us. Then stop for a bit in Corbin and ride around there then show up on Thursday. Well our good friend Dave ( maverick5990 ) is coming and we can't let him ride alone (he might get lost.. :)) so we are going to meet up with him somewhere east of Lousiville on Wed. morning and head on into Bristol so we can do the Wed ride. Goal is to be there sometime between 2 and 4 give or take. But we will do our best to be on time.

See ya all in Bristol...

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• 123hotdog thanks for the update and yes.. Lime squeeze all the way. Miss my Yellow one (it was so bright you could see it from space!!), but it had issues. Like my ex wife.. We ( Painter ) and I were planning this nice leisurely ride from his place to Bristol over a few days.. Heading out on Tuesday morning and going south to the river than just going where the road takes us. Then stop for a bit in Corbin and ride around there then show up on Thursday. Well our good friend Dave ( maverick5990 ) is coming and we can't let him ride alone (he might get lost.. :)) so we are going to meet up with him somewhere east of Lousiville on Wed. morning and head on into Bristol so we can do the Wed ride. Goal is to be there sometime between 2 and 4 give or take. But we will do our best to be on time.

See ya all in Bristol...

I don't see me getting lost. I've made this trip before!

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• Awhile back I sent notice to all our vendors about Mayhem in the Mountains. Invited them all to come and eat, drink, ride, and enjoy. Not a working weekend. Just come have fun with us. Don't think any can make it. There are all working very hard servicing their customers. Lucky us. And we are lucky to have such a good group of vendors. We do give them our money but they give us their time, which is a precious commodity the older we get.

I told each vendor; "send me one of your banners, I will gladly display your banner during Mayhem in the Mountains, if you wanna send some swag for the 50/50 raffle you are welcome to but its not necessary". I did this weeks ago.

Anybody wanna guess who hit the porch first and has been the only one so far to send a banner? Most of you probably can guess. Here's a hint.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• One week one week one week. It's getting close. Some of you folks have been here before some have not. We are in the process of lighting this place up like Wrigley Field. It's fun. On a serious note. The bad news is the main floor of the house will be closed off to the public during this event. The good news is the shop downstairs will be open and room for a couple of Slings if somebody needs to do some wrenching. Shop has a full bathroom as well. We are closing off the main floor to house our pets. We are very responsible pet owners and as you can see from the pictures, this is why we do not want our pets out. I would never forgive myself if my cat scratched somebody's Sling.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• For those of you that hasn't been here before the shop will do. It's lit there's room. It's nothing like Macaws. Mitch I gotta do this, we are all envious. I told my girlfriend if I ever had to have any dangerous surgery, please don't take me to a hospital, they are too dirty. I want my surgery done in Mitch's shop. :POKESS:Sorry Mitch. I love that place.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads