MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS (Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 10:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 11:42 am)

Date

MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS

Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 9:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 10:42 am

2033 W State St, Bristol, VA 24201

Participants

38 participants, 38 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Sep 12th 2019, 7:46 am
  • Less than a month till the start of Mayhem in the Mountains. Denise and I are really pleased with the turn out. I am sure there will be a few that get here before Thursday. For the few that come in before Thursday I am planning a Leaded two hour ride (that would be lead footed) through Bear Tree up to white top mountain and back. Calling it "Kurves and Kudzu":00007863:

Ahhh….Kudzu, the vine that ate the South.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• I'm thinking and hoping for 40 ish by the time it is all said and done. I am going to start going through the dealer list this weekend.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Hello to all. The wife and I will be there. Made reservations at the local Holiday Inn yesterday (free nights with points). Plan on being there Thursday afternoon. This will be our first Slingshot event as we have only had the GT for about two months. Have packed a lot of times on motorcycles. Packing with the SS will be interesting.

Carl and Karen

2019 GT

Three years of too much stuff to list

• Hello to all. The wife and I will be there. Made reservations at the local Holiday Inn yesterday (free nights with points). Plan on being there Thursday afternoon. This will be our first Slingshot event as we have only had the GT for about two months. Have packed a lot of times on motorcycles. Packing with the SS will be interesting.

Carl and Karen

Glad to have you folks. We went to our first event last year and the fun has never stopped. This community continues to amaze me with support and knowledge coming from many different directions. Good people on this forum. If you would go to participants at the beginning of this thread and register.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

Edited once, last by 123hotdog ().

• Anybody coming to Mayhem in the Mountains that has that grandchild that loves the Slingshot but you don't know exactly what to get them for Christmas. I might know just the thing. I seen this for sale here locally. Think it was $500. Seen it on Craigslist. Here is a link if anybody is interested. https://tricities.craigslist.o…3-wheeler/6961550978.html

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Only two more weeks for me

Denise and I were hoping you'd come a little early. As it starts to dry out, I get my work done earlier and earlier. I've got a couple of places in mind we can ride to. I am getting all the banners hung, all the tables set and all of that type stuff done the weekend before so all I have to do the week of is ride and mow.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• As Mayhem in the Mountains gets closer I will be posting some things that are probably a repeat post but I just want to remind some people.

The average high and low temperature for that weekend is a high of 78 and a low of 58. It was like that yesterday here. Awesome weather for Slingshot.

When typing in GPS. Please remember we are one city in two states meaning you gotta know what state your in. Sounds crazy but it happens all the time.

My dealer is in Virginia but the car lot across the street from him is in Tennessee.

Helmets. Allot want to know I'm sure.

Both states require them. Since Denise and I put the Bullet Speed top on we have not put a helmet on. The law is gray when it comes to a fixed roof.

I have actually had my picture took with the police without a helmet on and a keg in the passenger side seat at a road check.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• 123hotdog...

Bet that story would have been different with a tapped keg.

"Open container" in the Slingshot passenger compartment would be hard to argue.

And hard to hide...especially if it's a keg!

I was actually turned away from the Las Vegas Strip by law enforcement on New Year's Eve in the early 80's rolling a keg along the sidewalk on a hand truck. They said no kegs on the Strip. Who'd a thunk?

But I digress...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Oh Boy! Got me some new shoes for the big dance!

New rims / new lug nuts and new Potenza S-04 skins. set of (4) I always carry a spare ( I know you see 5 in the pile but the bottom one is from my old set. Plan on repaving some mountain roads...

Well, you need to be a leader so that you can run fast enough to that:D