MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS (Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 10:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 11:42 am)

Date

MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS

Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 9:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 10:42 am

2033 W State St, Bristol, VA 24201

Participants

38 participants, 38 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Sep 12th 2019, 7:46 am
  • And Goats_Hogs is not on the list

Good call Funcycle. I am taking this opportunity to call him out again. Goat_Hogs If you don't have a picture of it, it didn't happen on this forum!!! I have a picture of you one mile from my house. I know you know the way.:D:D

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Okay videos won't load. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna take somebody better than this hillbilly to get it done. Soooooooooo. Welcome Ripley and in honor of you registering, here is a pic of one of the rides.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I want to come to this very much! I LOVE this area, it's become my favorite area to ride in (due to mostly awesome roads and in that most are in very good condition)! But the fact is, I've hesitated due to taking a new position at work. I still am lead tooling designer, but now I'm also head over the tooling dept. That means 2 meetings a day to go over where we are at, and to look at problems and possible fixes. There are many changes going on there, and I'm involved in many of them (compensation package to be determined). I have more responsibility than before, and more looking to me for answers (read as stress). Until I can iron out the details, I'm holding off registering. I don't think motels will be an issue, but likely within a week I will make some in case I can get away. Wife's work also plays into this.

I'm off work from Labor Day weekend for the following week due to shutdown. We get off that, then this follows close behind. I'll keep you posted, it's not from lack of interest on my part!

• I want to come to this very much! I LOVE this area, it's become my favorite area to ride in (due to mostly awesome roads and in that most are in very good condition)! But the fact is, I've hesitated due to taking a new position at work. I still am lead tooling designer, but now I'm also head over the tooling dept. That means 2 meetings a day to go over where we are at, and to look at problems and possible fixes. There are many changes going on there, and I'm involved in many of them (compensation package to be determined). I have more responsibility than before, and more looking to me for answers (read as stress). Until I can iron out the details, I'm holding off registering. I don't think motels will be an issue, but likely within a week I will make some in case I can get away. Wife's work also plays into this.

I'm off work from Labor Day weekend for the following week due to shutdown. We get off that, then this follows close behind. I'll keep you posted, it's not from lack of interest on my part!

I know exactly where you are coming from. I will save you a good spot in the driveway. If not this year maybe next? If you don't get to come due to work, Denise and I will come up your way and ride with you folks when my work slows a little. Too many good people up your way on this forum to not make it up there once in the fall.

Btw, there is the teaser folks for next year. Nobody tell Denise. She is on pins and needles for this one.8o

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• I have consolidated the three hotels so people thinking of registering can see them together.

Host hotel #1

The Roadway Inn

2221 Euclid Ave

Bristol Va 24201

(276) 644-3570

Rate $44 nightly plus tax w/ promo code: Slingshotinfo.com

This hotel is walking distance to the Slingshot Dealer

Host Hotel #2

The Fairfield Inn

3285 West State Street

Bristol Tn 37620

(423) 574-4500

Rate $129 nightly plus tax w/ promo code: Mayhem in the Mountain

Host Hotel #3

The Comfort Inn

2368 Lee Hwy., I-81 exit 5 Bristol, VA, 24202,

Phone:

(276) 466-3881

Fax:

(276) 466-6544

The rate quoted for us is: $89 for a double full or $98 for a king $30 nightly for pets

Once again please be mindful of addresses when you put something in your gps. WE ARE ONE CITY IN TWO STATES.:thumbsup:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Going to see my dealer one day this week. Told him when I got over twenty Slings registered I would come back and let him know. We gonna cap it at forty Slings. I want as many of my Slingshot brothers and sisters here as possible but I want the ones that are here to have the most enjoyable experience possible.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Folks for those of you that are coming here, we have something for everybody. We have plenty of scheduled riding but; come early, stay late. There will be Slings here that know their way around this area and I can assure you there are plenty more great places to ride than what is scheduled.

For those that like to site see. Google the following:

The Country Music Museum.

South Holston Dam

Bristol Motor Speedway

Bristol Caverns

Tennessee Ernie Ford House

Paramount Theater

Barter Theater

And there is a brewery on every corner downtown. (Hillbillys gotta do something)

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

Edited once, last by 123hotdog ().