MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS (Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 10:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 11:42 am)

Date

MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS

Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 9:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 10:42 am

2033 W State St, Bristol, VA 24201

Participants

38 participants, 38 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Sep 12th 2019, 7:46 am
  • Well if she doesn't want to be alone in the room the invitation stands. Glad you folks are coming, I will check with the other two hotels to see.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Here we go. This is the info on the middle of the road third host hotel. They have set aside ten to twenty rooms for us.:)

The Comfort Inn 2368 Lee Hwy., I-81 exit 5, Bristol, VA, 24202, US

Phone: (276) 466-3881 Fax: (276) 466-6544

The rate quoted for us is: $89 for a double full or $98 for a king $30 nightly for pets

Once again please be mindful of addresses when you put something in your gps. WE ARE ONE CITY IN TWO STATES.:thumbsup:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• Nice meeting up with ya'll 123hotdog. Thanks for taking us to Friendship Motorsports and all. Going to look into this and see if we can make it happen, sounds like it's gonna be a GREAT time!

We really, really liked the roads out that way, our time was limited, but was able to hit the "Snake", Roan Mountain (TN-143/NC-261), Diamondback (226 &226A), Devils Whip (NC-80), ran out of time and missed out on "Back of the Dragon" and I hear US-321 along the south side of Watauga Lake, is a nice ride. Like FunCycle said... just hit about any road that isn't a dead end and enjoy!

• For those transporting their Sling in a trailer, Ballad Health has offered to allow us to use their pancake flat gravel overflow parking. They require the signing of a liability release form and I am working through the logistics of that now. This location is walking distance to the Fairfield Inn (one of the host hotels). If you wish to look at the parking lot and its proximity to the hotel go to google earth and type in 235 Medical Park Bld Bristol Tn. It is the gravel lot in front of the Hospital. This lot is 4 miles to the No Horse Saloon (my house) 2 miles from the Slingshot dealer.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Okay folks. I would like to express a sincere thank you and welcome to all of those who have committed to "Mayhem in the Mountains". We are a community where very few know all the members but I would bet that each person that has committed to participate knows someone who is undecided. In an effort to get an early registration, From this day forth each time a new person registers I will go on one of the scheduled rides and take pictures and post them on this thread. :S:00008674: Every body wins. I get another reason to ride and everybody gets a sneak peek!!!

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• I just want to say, I wish I could go. Little far for me right now , but maybe next year. I will be watching the post an the pics with the salivating towel.

Next year!

Ride safe

Keep Three Wheels Down

• I just want to say, I wish I could go. Little far for me right now , but maybe next year. I will be watching the post an the pics with the salivating towel.

Next year!

Ride safe

Is that a commitment for next year? Are you calling dibs on the first parking spot in the driveway? Hope you make it next year.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Funseeker is in, reservations at Roadway. Reviews say it’s a good place to stay. Clean, neat and super staff. Let’s hope for no rain. We’re coming up 421.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you would, go ahead and register for the event so I can keep a head count if you don't mind.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Here is a follow up and consolidation of the host hotels once again.

The Roadway Inn

2221 Euclid Ave

Bristol Va 24201

(276) 644-3570

Rate $44 nightly plus tax w/ promo code: Slingshotinfo.com

$10 nightly for pets

This hotel is walking distance to the Slingshot Dealer ( this is a budget hotel with minimal amenties)

The Fairfield Inn

3285 West State Street

Bristol Tn 37620

(423) 574-4500

Rate $129 nightly plus tax w/ promo code: Mayhem in the Mountains

This hotel is walking distance to truck and trailer parking. (this hotel is a little pricey but full amenities.)

The Comfort Inn
    2368 Lee Hwy., I-81 exit 5,
    Bristol, VA, 24202

Phone: (276) 466-3881 Fax: (276) 466-6544

The rate quoted for us is: $89 for a double full or $98 for a king $30 nightly for pets

This is a middle of the road hotel for those that wish to not stay in a budget hotel or a higher end hotel.

Once again please be mindful of addresses when you put something in your gps. WE ARE ONE CITY IN TWO STATES.:thumbsup:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

Edited once, last by 123hotdog ().