MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS (Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 10:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 11:42 am)

Date

MAYHEM IN THE MOUNTAINS

Fri, Sep 13th 2019, 9:42 am - Sun, Sep 15th 2019, 10:42 am

2033 W State St, Bristol, VA 24201

Participants

38 participants, 38 undecided and 1 does not participate

Closing Date: Sep 12th 2019, 7:46 am
  • This looks like a great event (nice curvy roads ) Even the ride up looks like a great ride also. I am planning on attending. The Roadway Inn has great rates. How are the accommodations and location at the Roadway?

:SUNSETSS:

• I've been excited for this event since Maggie... The rides up and back from I40 are just awesome. Can't wait to see y'all and ride the twists ~> GOOD TIMES AHEAD!!! 8):thumbup:

Looking forward to you coming. Got rides scheduled. Leaded and Unleaded. That would be you in the leaded crowd. That what be lead footed!!!!! You will have such a great time. We have had a blast riding this area for the past year and are looking forward to sharing the rides with our Slingshot brothers and sisters.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• I am so jealous of you guys. I am gonna start looking to move from this hot oven. Anyone with suggestions?

JUST ASKING

Come see us for "Mayhem in the Mountains" and take a look around. We rode up to Roan Mountain last year in April. It was 62 degrees at the bottom and Ice still on the rocks at the top. Plenty of trees and hills for shade on those hot days.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• This looks like a great event (nice curvy roads ) Even the ride up looks like a great ride also. I am planning on attending. The Roadway Inn has great rates. How are the accommodations and location at the Roadway?

The Roadway Inn is an economy hotel. It's definitely not a resort by any means. Some of the decor may have been off the set of the Golden Girls TV show but its close and safe. It's not one of those week to week places and it's walking distance to my dealer. I am actually working on a third host hotel that is in between the two I have. I would like to see one in between the two I have price wise. I just can't get anything done till the holiday weekend is over.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• The Roadway Inn is an economy hotel. It's definitely not a resort by any means. Some of the decor may have been off the set of the Golden Girls TV show but its close and safe. It's not one of those week to week places and it's walking distance to my dealer. I am actually working on a third host hotel that is in between the two I have. I would like to see one in between the two I have price wise. I just can't get anything done till the holiday weekend is over.

Let me know when you find out about the third motel. Looking forward to meeting y’all.

• Gonna drop this reminder in this thread from time to time. As you folks make plans, reservations, and start putting addresses in your GPS. We are one city in two states. If your GPS won't take an address it could be the wrong state.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Okay Funcycle. Seen something that had your name all over it today.

we can make those curves into a straight line, easy. 😄

I am so jealous of you guys. I am gonna start looking to move from this hot oven. Anyone with suggestions?

JUST ASKING

Come and spend some time in East Tennessee. Housing is still affordable and the taxes are very reasonable. Plus, the roads are most awesome, dude!

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• For those of thinking to coming to Mayhem in the Mountains September but hasn't quite pulled the trigger yet. I am negotiating with a third hotel to get a good rate. The Fairfield is great but kinda pricey. The Roadway Inn is an excellent price but is an economy hotel. I am working currently with the Comfort Inn. They will be in the middle of the road when it comes to amenities as well as price. I will post the minute I receive the email with the discount.;)

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• For those of thinking to coming to Mayhem in the Mountains September but hasn't quite pulled the trigger yet. I am negotiating with a third hotel to get a good rate. The Fairfield is great but kinda pricey. The Roadway Inn is an excellent price but is an economy hotel. I am working currently with the Comfort Inn. They will be in the middle of the road when it comes to amenities as well as price. I will post the minute I receive the email with the discount.;)

Pfffttt... I’m crashing at your place for the weekend ~> :00000441:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• Pfffttt... I’m crashing at your place for the weekend ~> :00000441:

Better bring a TRANE and I don't mean a Train horn either. That would be a Trane heat pump. Better buy that $3900 AC for the SS. There is no Air Conditioning in this house.:cursing::cursing:

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Better bring a TRANE and I don't mean a Train horn either. That would be a Trane heat pump. Better buy that $3900 AC for the SS. There is no Air Conditioning in this house.:cursing::cursing:

I'm just reading between the lines here..... so you are saying that if ericastar76 stays there that it will be hot? Oh how I miss Tripod.... :00008356::00008172::00008040:

123hotdog ....thanks for doing the homework for the rest of us!!!

The wife and I are hoping to participate in this great event. Do you know if any of the hotels you are working with are pet friendly? We have a fuzzy little princess (AKA: Jaws of Death) that travels with us. Thanks!!

Here she is on the way home from Booze & Blues last year. Poor thing wore herself out protecting us!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• 123hotdog ....thanks for doing the homework for the rest of us!!!

The wife and I are hoping to participate in this great event. Do you know if any of the hotels you are working with are pet friendly? We have a fuzzy little princess (AKA: Jaws of Death) that travels with us. Thanks!!

Here she is on the way home from Booze & Blues last year. Poor thing wore herself out protecting us!!

That youngin is adorable. The Roadway Inn is an additional $10 per night for a pet. I will check on the other two. We have a huge dog lot at our house and no dog. Long story. The youngin is more than welcome and you are welcome to bring her to the "No Horse Saloon" aka my house Friday night. The dog lot is right off the deck. There are three 40 year old maple trees in the dog lot. Plenty of shade.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

• Thanks for the offer 123hotdog !!! Much appreciated!

I'm more than happy to pay extra for the ability to bring "Jaws of Death". She does just fine being left in the room while we're out and about. Heaven help the fool that opens the door and it's not us tho!!!

You'd be surprised to know that she's 8 years old now!! Yep....8 years of being owned by a dog.....not the other way around...Hah!!!!

I'm hoping to nail down our plans for sure, so I can book a room as soon as possible!!

Thanks again!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi