Slingshot Fun Factor

• Yea, my SS clearly is the most attractive thing on the road. The drive ability is really nice as well but is it good enough? The low end torque is pretty sweet, but when I floor it, the vehicle runs out of torque immediately. I sort of want it to be the best drive and the best racing vehicle... driving fast is exhilarating... but so is driving a 'go-cart' Slingshot with incredible steering and easy shifts.

I think I should take the SS on a road course and see how it handles on the track.

• Yea, my SS clearly is the most attractive thing on the road. The drive ability is really nice as well but is it good enough? The low end torque is pretty sweet, but when I floor it, the vehicle runs out of torque immediately. I sort of want it to be the best drive and the best racing vehicle... driving fast is exhilarating... but so is driving a 'go-cart' Slingshot with incredible steering and easy shifts.

I think I should take the SS on a road course and see how it handles on the track.

Oh-oh!

I think some one's gonna be looking at a bolt on super charger! 8o

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

Hmmm... Ask rabtech, Kyle D , or MACAWS how fast and fun theirs are... 😉

Don't get too cocky ....

https://video.search.yahoo.com…=10rtjt3la&sigi=12o0spmqp

• Hmmm... Ask rabtech, Kyle D , or MACAWS how fast and fun theirs are... 😉

Definitely more fun the faster they are but I am probably the wrong person to ask that question to. I got a chance to ride with FunCycle  MACAWS  rabtech and Ghost in MV as they were kind enough to let me tag along and holy shit what a blast. We do not have ANYTHING even CLOSE to the roads there here in MI. Cherohala Skyway and the Rattler were my 2 favorite rides. 276 was also a ton of fun. FunCycle is also one of the fastest drivers I've seen. I could read his hat in my mirror he was so close at some points. LOL

I'm sure the three of them are having fun blowing through boatloads of MONEY pretty FAST ^^^^^^

Kyle, it was nice meeting you in MV this past week

It does add up pretty quickly that is for sure. Great meeting you as well Funinthesun

I got to put a lot of faces to names in MV from both people on the forum and from people I have only conversed with via email which was really cool. I definitely had a great time and will be back next year.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• As far as fun factor goes...I have never owned anything like the Slingshot. I could go through a list of cars I have had, that were all modified, but they all fall short. The closest thing would be the Turbo MR2 (3SGTE) I had. They handle similarly, they accelerate similarly, and they are about the same size. I would say the one thing the Slingshot lacks is traction...especially once you boost it. Other than that...after all I have put in to the slingshot...there isn't a vehicle that I have more fun in. The smiles it puts on the faces of the elderly and children make me feel like I am doing something good every time I am in it. I try to take it to charity events, car shows, parades, or anything else I get invited to...something that would never happen with other vehicles I have owned.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• The smiles per miles on this exceed expectations by an order of magnitude! The faster you corner and then launch out of it, the more the giggle factor kicks in. I feel like I'm 12 again at the go-kart track...

Definitely the best purchase ever for fun.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• The closest thing I've ever had to my SS. I used to build Dune buggies an built one for myself called a Minnie T. I hopped the engine up to approx. 100 hp. I could pull the front end off the ground and hold it thru 3rd gear. It would do 103mph in a 1/4 mile. I also used to race Go Carts which was a lot of fun also. And going way back to my younger days My Dad and I started building Airboats here in Florida. I built my first Airboat in 1950. It wasn't much I used a 2 cylinder Aeronica engine on it. For My next one I got a 200hp Lycoming on a fiberglass hull. Now that one was exciting. My brother still builds Airboats in Floral City Fl. So you see I've done some exciting things in my life and I still get excited with my SS. It makes me smile.

• Going to need somebody to lead us around Northern AL.

I will see what I can do about that. I just need someone to see t-shirts while I'm out on a ride. Allison will be at work on Friday. Saturday she will be at the event so she can sell them on Saturday. I am sure by the end of the month I can find someone that will sell shirts while I am out riding.

• I let wokka and FunCycle go for a ride and I tested the brake levers. I am still in shock how the independent front brakes actually worked out like I had planned them in my head. I thought they might "kinda" work. But they actually lock the tire and you will rotate exactly where you sit on that tire. Its freaking amazing. What is really cool is that on my automatic I don't have to rev up the engine. I can lock the tire and apply the gas slowly till the tires spins and it will slowly spin you around. .

• Rab describes it better than I did, but he's exactly right, just pivots on whatever tire he locks.

Also, for those who haven't seen his ride. Just glancing at it, it's the ultimate sleeper SS. It's not the fanciest, he doesn't keep it immaculate like some others do. It's not loud and when he cranks it, it's quieter than most others.

You'd never guess that it has upwards of 500+ hp in it.

Thanks for taking me for a spin in it!

• I let wokka and FunCycle go for a ride and I tested the brake levers. I am still in shock how the independent front brakes actually worked out like I had planned them in my head. I thought they might "kinda" work. But they actually lock the tire and you will rotate exactly where you sit on that tire. Its freaking amazing. What is really cool is that on my automatic I don't have to rev up the engine. I can lock the tire and apply the gas slowly till the tires spins and it will slowly spin you around. .

Do you carry rubber remover so you can clean up after you show off>

Just asking for a friend!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am just waiting on the 35 mph one (180 degree)