Stock Sway bar shifted to the right

• just found my bookmark to the differences in sway bars - looking at the numbers I can see where the twist bar might put much more pressure on the end links than a 2017 or later stock sway bar

95308-ddmworks-sway-bar-comparison-jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Okay, Angie@DDMWorks , now you made me make a harder choice:

• Do I just buy separate links, bushings, and aftermarket stops?
    • Or do I go ahead and replace the Twist Dynamics Sway Bar completely for the DDMWorks Sway Bar that includes the bushings and integrated stops?

I figure I could sell the TDSB later for more than what the difference in price would be, but shipping is a killer on that heavy part. But biggest hindrance is the TDSB is in white whereas I would have to go black or red with the DDMSB.

Choices, choices, choices . . . . (sigh) . . . .

Okay, Angie@DDMWorks , now you made me make a harder choice:

• Do I just buy separate links, bushings, and aftermarket stops?
    • Or do I go ahead and replace the Twist Dynamics Sway Bar completely for the DDMWorks Sway Bar that includes the bushings and integrated stops?

I figure I could sell the TDSB later for more than what the difference in price would be, but shipping is a killer on that heavy part. But biggest hindrance is the TDSB is in white whereas I would have to go black or red with the DDMSB.

Choices, choices, choices . . . . (sigh) . . . .

If you haven't signed up for our newsletter, you can do so here.... http://www.ddmworks.com/Mailing-List_ep_73-1.html

This will give you free shipping off of your first order after sign up!

• Just went and ordered the links (and transmission cover) for now. Just can't justify the whole expense of a new sway bar just yet.

And of course, I signed up for the newsletter, but still got charged freight (not a biggee tho').

Thanks for your order! What is the name on the order? I will take care of it for you!

• Does the free shipping apply to the sway bar? This is the 2nd Xmas sale where I'd like to buy it but the $110 shipping puts it right back to Slingmods' year-round price and there's no real savings or incentive. At the same time, I understand the whole profit motive and don't want to take advantage of a situation.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Parts from DDM arrived last night and got installed this AM. MUCH better than the previous stock stuff - I should have done this right at the beginning. Tooks less than an hour to do. Truthfully, jacking up the SS and removing the tires took just as long as replacing the bushings and links.

And to tell you how bad the stock link was bent:

Did have one problem: The sway bar stops I ordered from Amazon had 2 different sizes in 1 bag. My own fault - they were"used but in new condition" ones that I saved a few bucks on. I have a feeling someone got them mixed up. I'm gonna have to return and rebuy them.

• Damn! you are fast, I got the one for Sling II last night also and they are still in the unopened box. Come on over and install mine.:thumbsup:

• when I replaced my sway bar and mounts I didnt even jack the slingshot up.

• Yeah, you probably could do it without, but since I was doing both, I decided to do it. Like I said, switching the links and mounts took less time than jacking and removing tires.

when I did my sway bar it wasn't fast. I removed the entire front end and took my time - I posted at the time so others could see here it is - My Sway Bar install

• I just went out to check our March 2015 built SlingShot and it has no stops installed, though we have not had any issues (yet) of it shifting, but I will be adding that to our list of things to keep our eye upon. One thing that I would like to share while talking about sway bars is that when we have gotten into that playful mood, we have yet to come across another vehicle in which can stay with us in the twisties, with the exception of maybe a playful two-wheeler! ;)

Bill

• After mentioning the above I guess that maybe that I should add that I do not get nearly as "playful" as I did early on in our SlingShot ownership after a very determined young Mustang owner attempted to keep up with us in the twisties one day as I watched in the rear view mirror his biting the guard rail , followed by some calisthenics down the highway. It was so very lucky that there was no on coming traffic and he and his girl were able to walk away relatively unscathed.

Bill

• I haven’t done anything under the hood however sticky tires three-way shocks and grabbing brakes are the extent of my performance modifications. I am astounded with what this Slingshot can do in the canyon roads!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I haven’t done anything under the hood however sticky tires three-way shocks and grabbing brakes are the extent of my performance modifications. I am astounded with what this Slingshot can do in the canyon roads!

Would really like to ride some of the roads that you picture from your rides. Most in Northern Indiana are flat and straight. Love going to the Smokies for the rallies, but mostly the roads.