Stock Sway bar shifted to the right

• Since I got the adjustable links, is there any type adjustments that will stiffen up sway bar or are these simply to keep bar unloaded at install?

The adjustments will not stiffen or change the rate of the sway bar, but they can be adjusted to take out any preload in the bar, which is primarily what they are for..

• Prolly didn’t need the Sway Bar stops with other parts I installed but since I had them....👍

looks nice - - might have to get the end links one of these days - I am told I will need them if I want to use the inner holes on my sway bar. Not really sure I need it to be stiffer than it is, but even if I dont the DDM End links do look nicer than stock

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Well F! Looks like I'm in this same boat. I'm sitting out in the garage on a beautiful day (mid-70's yesterday!) enjoying a cigar and beer, watching the Rams vs Cowboys. I look down at my SS and what do I see?:

Notice how far that sway bar has slid over! (Twist Dyanmics, added by dealer when I bought the SS.) It's completely bent the drivers side link and it is actually rubbing against the steering rod.

So, Angie@DDMWorks, When's that sale for new bushings and links?

• Remember you will need the split ring stops unless you get the DDM sway bar which has the stops on it.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Even with the back luck, you're in luck our sale on suspension starts tomorrow!

The sway bar will be on sale for $179 and comes with free mounts! End links will be on sale for $90!

Just check out this link tomorrow morning! http://www.ddmworks.com/12-Days-SALE_c_498.html

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

• Okay, Angie@DDMWorks , now you made me make a harder choice:

• Do I just buy separate links, bushings, and aftermarket stops?
    • Or do I go ahead and replace the Twist Dynamics Sway Bar completely for the DDMWorks Sway Bar that includes the bushings and integrated stops?

I figure I could sell the TDSB later for more than what the difference in price would be, but shipping is a killer on that heavy part. But biggest hindrance is the TDSB is in white whereas I would have to go black or red with the DDMSB.

Choices, choices, choices . . . . (sigh) . . . .

• interesting!!!! - - - your factory end links look very different from the stock end links on my 2016 - what year is your Slingshot?

i-GjCBd57-X2.jpg

Edit: I just checked and for years 2017 - 19 they have a different part number for the end link than for 2015 & 16 - - - looking at the pictures it seems like they made the newer end links thinner - my guess would be to save some weight

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Or do I go ahead and replace the Twist Dynamics Sway Bar completely for the DDMWorks Sway Bar that includes the bushings and integrated stops?

I figure I could sell the TDSB later for more than what the difference in price would be, but shipping is a killer on that heavy part. But biggest hindrance is the TDSB is in white whereas I would have to go black or red with the DDMSB.

You can pick the stops up at any auto parts store just check the diameter of your sway bar.

the upgraded sway bar should be good enough to keep. The links need to be adjustable if you want to use any of the different tension adjustment holes in the end of the bar. For installation clearance reasons.

• It does not have a stop on the sway bar

I suspect it was more than just not having the stops, but then again those end links are much thinner than the older ones so I could be wrong

• interesting!!!! - - - your factory end links look very different from the stock end links on my 2016 - what year is your Slingshot?

Edit: I just checked and for years 2017 - 19 they have a different part number for the end link than for 2015 & 16 - - - looking at the pictures it seems like they made the newer end links thinner - my guess would be to save some weight

Yep, they are much thinner. Mines a 2019. Seems like they made them thinner which made them weaker which combined with the stronger sway bar may have all contributed to them bending. Notice how far to the drivers side it has shifted. Stops would have prevented this.

• Yep, they are much thinner. Mines a 2019. Seems like they made them thinner which made them weaker which combined with the stronger sway bar may have all contributed to them bending. Notice how far to the drivers side it has shifted. Stops would have prevented this.

I have thought about getting stops, I even have the link saved for ordering them Sway Bar Locks , but whenever I check my twist dynamics bar seems to be pretty close to centered - never even close to moving enough to bend a link

Edit: as a side note I also know that they changed the shape of the sway bar itself on the later years so perhaps that was related to the change in the end links - - just a thought

pretty sure all of the aftermarket sway bars are the same shape at the original 2015/16 sway bars