Stock Sway bar shifted to the right

• oh I will, get this stuff on and I’ll do that later this year! My trust in DDMWORKS accessories is 110%!!!8)

just seems like if you are going to have the mounts off and the links off it is a good time to do the whole thing.

if / when you do I highly recommend dropping the front off to do it, really easy and fast that way

here is a link to a thread I made when I did mine that shows how to get it done

sway bar instilation

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• also - if you get the DDM sway bar it has the lateral locks built into the bar so there is no need to buy them

• That was a good write up, the front end comes off easy, I had to pull it when I put on the SC, might just go ahead and order the bar too.

Red will look better also!:thumbsup:

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• That was a good write up, the front end comes off easy, I had to pull it when I put on the SC, might just go ahead and order the bar too.

Red will look better also!:thumbsup:

so your running a supercharger and you still have the stock sway bar? - - next thing you are going to tell me is you still have the stock coil overs

I'm just messing with you :)

• Good to be home with my tools.... lol

Threw a wrench on right upper link bolt, loose as all heck, maybe that’s what let bar walk over that far. No worries though, by next weekend they will be history....😈

• Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• I will admit, I read a ton on shock upgrades, I guess I just got used to stock setup and have ran it very hard, not to many shock upgrades back then, but I am planning to add the soon, I really know how mine handles after 20 k miles of hard cruising but know the stock shocks are not hi-performance by no means....

• My pleasure sir. I have learned so very much from the great people here and I love every chance I get to try to pay it back when I can.

:00008674:

• if I remember correctly I could slide the old bar out and new bar in without removing anything....except the mounts...

there is a cowling in front of the radiator that is notched around the sway bar - this must be removed or the sway bar can not be pulled out. This cowling can be removed without dropping the front, but its much harder to do it that way - so if you were able to just slide out your sway bar as you recall then this cowling must have already been removed and not reinstalled

here is a picture of the cowling - you can see the "U" shaped cutouts on each side that go around the sway bar

i-wqvz5FP-X2.jpg

• I remember now....it was so sickening to get that plastic thing off and on I wiped it from my mind...

like I said, much easier if you just drop the front off. Once the front is down pulling the push pins and removing the shroud is a piece of cake

• like I said, much easier if you just drop the front off. Once the front is down pulling the push pins and removing the shroud is a piece of cake

The easiest way to get that shrouding off that we have found, is to remove the grill on the front bumper. Then you have access to all of the little push pins by reaching into the grill and getting them out. That way you do not have to remove the front end and worry about alignment, pretty simple and the way we do it here when installing a sway bar on a naturally aspirated Slingshot. If the Slingshot has forced induction, typically that plastic is removed and the sway bar just slides out easily.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• The easiest way to get that shrouding off that we have found, is to remove the grill on the front bumper. Then you have access to all of the little push pins by reaching into the grill and getting them out. That way you do not have to remove the front end and worry about alignment, pretty simple and the way we do it here when installing a sway bar on a naturally aspirated Slingshot. If the Slingshot has forced induction, typically that plastic is removed and the sway bar just slides out easily.

Hope that helps,

Dave

this is good to know - even easier than dropping the front like I did

• Can’t we start a list of things to look for and some recommendations for essential additions on new slingshots?

Like these torsion bar stops and the brake master cylinder reinforcement.

Any other things?

See any previous thread with this topic of discussion...

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• looking good - I see you went for the black - - - good choice :)

i-F9BgMxH-X2.jpg

I havent done the end links yet