Stock Sway bar shifted to the right

• I have been getting some popping noise on front end mostly going over bumps, progressively getting worse and more frequent.

I’m on vacation with wife in Eureka Springs , we hauled it up here, so I was looking at it after a nice cruise through twisty and noticed the cause is the Sway bar has shifted to the right putting links in a bind.... I know when I get home I can loosen and reset it but I figure it’s just gonna move again..... anybody else run into this and what’s the fix?

Thanks, Joe

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• JoeF. that is common. You can move it over and it will get off centered again. There are split stops you can purchase as in the picture. I don’t know about the other aftermarket sway bars but the DDM sway bar has the stops on them already.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Did not know about those, I did a search but didn’t see anything about that, thank you for info sir!

Is that the correct part number?

I’ll try and find some when we get home.

• it is normal for the sway bar to move a bit from side to side and as wingshot pointed out above there are stops you can buy. Having said this I have never heard of the movement causing any problems. The one thing that I found that can make noise are the stock sway bar mounts. the hard plastic gets worn and it transmits every little sound the suspension makes right to the frame - I replaced my stock mounts with the DDM mounts which can be greased and my front end got much quieter.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• mine moved pretty good! Both links leaning over and when I held my hand on right one and jounced the suspension I could feel the pop holding on the top of link, no tools handy out here though....wife needed 2months of clothes and shoes....shhhhh don’t tell her I said that!!

• Well that sucks they stopped putting them on, popping noise was driving me crazy!!

I think only the early 2015 came with the clamps, also in 2017 they changed the shape of the sway bar slightly and from what I understand the newer bar is bent closer to the mounts which keeps it from shifting - what year is your slingshot?

the DDM sway bar has stops permanently welded on it to keep it from shifting

here is a picture of the different bars

95308-ddmworks-sway-bar-comparison-jpg

• have you tried pushing it with your hand? it should slide fairly easily (which is why it shifts)

• you where correct sir!!! I put my ass into it and pulled it about 1-1/2 inches back and both are straight up and I bounced it and no more popping..... I’ll get them bar locks and that will take care of that. I didn’t think it would move that easy, I just noticed it this morning before loading it on trailer.... Thank you! Joe

• I have thought about getting the bar locks a few times before, back when my sway bar was still stock, but I have never really noticed the bar to not come back to center after hard driving. After I switched to my Twist Dynamics sway bar I got all kinds of clicks, pops and groans and squeaks from the front suspension - seemed really loud. I then replaced the sway bar mounts with the DDM mounts and all the noises went away, or at least got so quiet that I cant hear them any more - I figured it was the solid sway bar transmitting every little noise through those hard plastic stock mounts right to the frame - when you lock things down and make the suspension more solid it handles much better, but it also transmits sounds better I guess - either way the DDM mounts with the Energy Polyurethane greasable bushings help a great deal - if you ever decide to upgrade your sway bar I highly recommend you do the mounts at the same time

• Can’t we start a list of things to look for and some recommendations for essential additions on new slingshots?

Like these torsion bar stops and the brake master cylinder reinforcement.

Any other things?

like I said above - 2017 and later Slingshots have a re designed sway bar and the bends are closer to the mounts which negates any need for the sway bay locks

• I have been getting some popping noise on front end mostly going over bumps, progressively getting worse and more frequent.

I’m on vacation with wife in Eureka Springs , we hauled it up here, so I was looking at it after a nice cruise through twisty and noticed the cause is the Sway bar has shifted to the right putting links in a bind.... I know when I get home I can loosen and reset it but I figure it’s just gonna move again..... anybody else run into this and what’s the fix?

Thanks, Joe

Go to the auto parts store and buy you some stops. I think it is 1 1/4 inch dia.

• I just ordered DDMWorks links and bushings and a set of bar locks..... should be good to go by next weekend!

Thanks for all you help guys! Joe

What - - - no sway bar?????