Alpha Turbo exhaust replacement options

• Well my luck finally ran out with my Alpha side exit. Thought maybe I was one of the lucky ones who got a good one. Did get some years outa it tho do better than most I guess:(

So now what I'm just at a total loss as to what to do. I have an Alpha turbo setup. Had other plans for the sling this year. looks like my only option is welter. Not crazy about thier side exit at all. And the duals are cool but the price is 2245.00 (theres a 300 dollar premium for alpha turbo). That's just over 3000.00 Canadian plus shipping and brokerage which will be a bunch more. Just cant justify 4 grand for an exhaust. Getting close to another turbo system there lol. Anyways I guess my question is has anyone else done anything else and what did you do. Totally gutted right now exhaust was the last thing I wanted to be worried about right now. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

• Well my luck finally ran out with my Alpha side exit. Thought maybe I was one of the lucky ones who got a good one. Did get some years outa it tho do better than most I guess:(

So now what I'm just at a total loss as to what to do. Had other plans for the sling this year. looks like my only option is welter. Not crazy about thier side exit at all. And the duals are cool but the price is 2245.00 (theres a 300 dollar premium for alpha turbo). That's just over 3000.00 Canadian plus shipping and brokerage which will be a bunch more. Just cant justify 4 grand for an exhaust. Getting close to another turbo system there lol. Anyways I guess my question is has anyone else done anything else and what did you do. Totally gutted right now exhaust was the last thing I wanted to be worried about right now. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I'm still 'OEM' exhaust. Hopeful some one will come up with a answer soon.. Do you still have original equipment.

• I dont know if different the exhaust systems used on turbo setups are interchangeable but if they are you might want to talk to Kyle D at ZZP, the ZZP exhaust system is very reasonably priced and the muffler is the same one they use on their turbo system - so perhaps it will work on yours

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

So now what I'm just at a total loss as to what to do. I have an Alpha turbo setup. Had other plans for the sling this year. looks like my only option is welter. Not crazy about thier side exit at all. And the duals are cool but the price is 2245.00 (theres a 300 dollar premium for alpha turbo). That's just over 3000.00 Canadian plus shipping and brokerage which will be a bunch more. Just cant justify 4 grand for an exhaust. Getting close to another turbo system there lol. Anyways I guess my question is has anyone else done anything else and what did you do. Totally gutted right now exhaust was the last thing I wanted to be worried about right now. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

I believe someone posted up a year or so ago the place to get just the muffler for the Alpha side exhaust. If you get a hold of one of those, you could just have a local muffler shop fix you up.

I can take a look later to see if we have any Alpha side exits here that are used.

I dont know if different the exhaust systems used on turbo setups are interchangeable but if they are you might want to talk to Kyle D at ZZP, the ZZP exhaust system is very reasonably priced and the muffler is the same one they use on their turbo system - so perhaps it will work on yours

The ZZP turbo and the Alpha turbo side exit have different outlets and locations and are not interchangeable. Anything could be made to work with enough time though ;)

• I believe someone posted up a year or so ago the place to get just the muffler for the Alpha side exhaust. If you get a hold of one of those, you could just have a local muffler shop fix you up.

I can take a look later to see if we have any Alpha side exits here that are used.

The ZZP turbo and the Alpha turbo side exit have different outlets and locations and are not interchangeable. Anything could be made to work with enough time though ;)

Thanks Dave!! Someone just offered up a used one for me. Just may take him up on it. Might be the best solution short term. I imagine the same thing will happen tho so a bit worried there. But would buy me some time. Still leaves me with what am I gonna do when that one fails. Wish there were more options available. In hindsight would have been better to go with a different system. But who knew. I've had zero issues but when stuff breaks it's nice to have some sort of lifeline.

• Thanks Dave!! Someone just offered up a used one for me. Just may take him up on it. Might be the best solution short term. I imagine the same thing will happen tho so a bit worried there. But would buy me some time. Still leaves me with what am I gonna do when that one fails. Wish there were more options available. In hindsight would have been better to go with a different system. But who knew. I've had zero issues but when stuff breaks it's nice to have some sort of lifeline.

I looked back there in our land of misc pull-offs and we do have an Alpha shorty exhaust, but no side exits. A Welder could very easily turn that Alpha side exit into a straight down shorty exhaust though. If you have someone with a side exit though that is willing to get it up to you, that would be your best bet.

Hope that helps,

Dave