Guess that Automatic is coming......

• I don't know if an automatic is going to happen or not, but I have no no doubt that a large number of potential buyers are probably lost because they dont know how to drive a manual and dont want to learn

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I spoke to a guy at Polaris about this. Allegedly, they have been wanting to release the automatic trans with a new proprietary motor moving away from the 2.4L Ecotec. However, they haven't been able to solidify a new in house powerplant which has postponed the release of the auto trans that was allegedly originally scheduled for 2019. I have no idea how much truth to this there is but I could not see why this guy would lie about it either.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I spoke to a guy at Polaris about this. Allegedly, they have been wanting to release the automatic trans with a new proprietary motor moving away from the 2.4L Ecotec. However, they haven't been able to solidify a new in house powerplant which has postponed the release of the auto trans that was allegedly originally scheduled for 2019. I have no idea how much truth to this there is but I could not see why this guy would lie about it either.

could be they want a smaller lighter power plant to offset the extra weight of an automatic

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Personally I like the sportiness of a manual trans. From a business stand-point an automatic is great move. In my area and todays world very few people know how to drive a "stick" and might be intimidated. Large untapped market of potential buyers. Great move, good for Polaris, good for potential buyers.

• I don't know if an automatic is going to happen or not, but I have no no doubt that a large number of potential buyers are probably lost because they dont know how to drive a manual and dont want to learn

Doesn't help when Polaris is running off dealers rather than expanding the network of dealers.

• Sorry edwardaneal, if somebody does not want to drive a manual transmission, I say pony up and have one installed aftermarket, or there are other vehicles out there for their choosing.

The key is going to be how to add an automatic tranny and keep the SlingShot within it's current weight limitations. I am pretty sure that I ain't gonna like it, but I am foreseeing a major redesign in the future where It will be sad if the SlingShot looses the appeal of it's uniqueness because of it.

Bill

• Front wheel drive

Turn the tiny turboed motor sideways....like a Mini Cooper...

Girlfriends daughter had one...... 1.6 motor turboed ......ran better than my SS ....I had it going 100 mph and it still had plenty to go....I was very impressed with the power that car had....

That being said .....I would trade that motor and tranny set up for the one in my SS?...

• I like my automatic after having one. I have both now but the auto is more fun. I do have to add that 700 hp v8 is a handful so the auto keeps hands on wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• It's already been done. The Vanderhall Venice comes with the 1.4L turbo engine out of the Chevy Sonic and Cruze and is front wheel drive. However, there is not nearly as much room inside, it's significantly smaller, and the 1.4 turbo engine is fun through town but anyone would find it anemic on the highway and probably trying to push it through the twisties.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• The atomatic will happen when they change the engine. They have no plans for making the current engine an automatic platform.

They do have plans for a new engine and an automatic transmission is being tested with it. That is all I can really say. I dont know any details about size and specs. Just that it is currently being tested.

• With a new powerplant and maintaining rear wheel drive why not an inline CVT Vs. customary inline auto-box?

Personally I like the set up they have now. To go to Front wheel drive would end up being a whole new vehicle. They could introduce a second line of SS's.

Do I hear logistics nightmare?