Crashed sling pictures

• Okay, been holding off on replying. But, Yes, the SS holds up VERY WELL in a crash. As most of you know, I totaled (not my fault) my 1st SS in Dec 2015 - just 3 months after getting it. You can read the thread on the other site here: Batmobile is totalled. But the SS did it's job an protected it's passengers VERY WELL. I was so impressed with how it performed that I was not hesitant at all at getting a second (and now a third) SS. The below pic looks better than it really was because they just placed the hood back on top of the engine area. It was completely detached and down about 100 ft from where I ended up.

• Okay, been holding off on replying. But, Yes, the SS holds up VERY WELL in a crash. As most of you know, I totaled (not my fault) my 1st SS in Dec 2015 - just 3 months after getting it. You can read the thread on the other site here: Batmobile is totalled. But the SS did it's job an protected it's passengers VERY WELL. I was so impressed with how it performed that I was not hesitant at all at getting a second (and now a third) SS. The below pic looks better than it really was because they just placed the hood back on top of the engine area. It was completely detached and down about 100 ft from where I ended up.

I really hate seeing something like this just grateful you are okay!

• The same thing happened to me only I was hit by a shit-box '82 Sirocco with a drunk driver while I was stopped at a traffic light. That's my guess here - the offending driver was distracted or impaired and failed to see traffic stopping in front of him/her and plowed the Slingshot.

What I hate is getting rear-ended and pushed into the car in front of me and then possibly being told I'm at fault for hitting the car in front of me, even though I was pushed the entire distance.

A few years back a girl was behind me at the traffic light, she took off when the left turn lane took off. Right straight into my new two week old Pontiac TA

Back in 2014, I was stopped at a light while riding my 2008 Suzuki V-Strom 650 motorcycle. When the light change, the car behind me shot forward, knocking me over and pinning my bike under the vehicle in front of me. The SOB then backed up and pulled around me, almost running over me since I had fallen halfway into the right lane and the bike had me trapped. People behind him didn't think to get his plate number, assuming I had rammed the car in front of me and he was just trying to move on. The never caught the jerk.

My other fond crash memory was a woman cutting me off making a left turn in front of me, then panic stopping in my path when she realized what she'd done. I managed to stop w/o hitting her, but ended up falling over in stopping. Her daughter called the cops and I was informed that even though she had cut me off, I was responsible for any damage to my bike since I hadn't hit her, but that she would have been charged if I had hit her. WTH?

• What I hate is getting rear-ended and pushed into the car in front of me and then possibly being told I'm at fault for hitting the car in front of me, even though I was pushed the entire distance.

Back in 2014, I was stopped at a light while riding my 2008 Suzuki V-Strom 650 motorcycle. When the light change, the car behind me shot forward, knocking me over and pinning my bike under the vehicle in front of me. The SOB then backed up and pulled around me, almost running over me since I had fallen halfway into the right lane and the bike had me trapped. People behind him didn't think to get his plate number, assuming I had rammed the car in front of me and he was just trying to move on. The never caught the jerk.

My other fond crash memory was a woman cutting me off making a left turn in front of me, then panic stopping in my path when she realized what she'd done. I managed to stop w/o hitting her, but ended up falling over in stopping. Her daughter called the cops and I was informed that even though she had cut me off, I was responsible for any damage to my bike since I hadn't hit her, but that she would have been charged if I had hit her. WTH?

Not something to like. I have been riding since May of 1964 and have been very lucky to not be involved in accident with an auto. All of my injuries about 12 ribs broken and two ankle sprains were with the dirt or the pavement. I us to tell everyone if you are going to ride a motorcycle you are going to get hurt at some point.

• I hope to never have to experience broken ribs again! I slid down an embankment into some heavy brush after encountering sliding on some sand trying to avoid a school-bus and trying to move from the left side of my lane to the right side. Fortunately, other than the pain from the broken ribs, all of my incidents have so far been relatively minor.

• Last time I road on the street on two wheels I was on a friends Honda 750 when I came around a curve in the road there was a car coming the other way on my side of the road that hit me head on. We were both going about 35mph. Its been over 30 years and to this day I do not remember anything about the accident except for sitting on the curb and asking a person that was there what the fire truck was there for and the person said "they are here for you" I was not wearing a helmet and was apparently thrown clear of the car, Other than bumps and bruises and about 14 stitches over my left eye I was unhurt - even made it home in time for dinner, Highway pegs on the bike opened the car like a can opener and it was totaled, the bike needed new forks and a few other things but was fixable.

Anyway I figured that when God let me walk away from that one He was telling me something and except for dirt bikes that was the end of my motorcycle riding times - Just to many things that were out of my control on the street - I mean seriously what can you do when I guy born in the 1800's decides to drive on the wrong side of the road? and when you get to walk away from a combined 75+ MPH head on - - if thats not a sign what the hell is.

Thats one of the things that made me jump at it when the Slingshot came along - my chance to get back to that open road feeling and at the same time have a bit more protection - - Just had to have it and every morning when I get in to head out - - I still have that shit eating grin like a kid breaking the rules

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies