Crashed sling pictures

• this looks like a case of people following too close behind each other. Odds are the Slingshot was too close to the car in front of it and the car behind the slingshot was also following too close. Its one of my biggest pet peeves, drivers now days all like to ride right up on each others asses you should always be a minimum of three full seconds behind the car in front of you. If the car before you passes a mark in the road and you cannot count off a full three seconds before you reach that same mark you are too close! - - - what really sucks is how hard it is to actually do this, seems like 90% of the time if you leave proper room between you and the car in front of you some jerk always changes lanes and gets right into that space and as soon as you back off of him to safe distance another ass will come along and get into that space

Having said this - I am very pleased looking at this photo at how well the passenger compartment of the Slingshot held up looks better than I would have expected and thats a good thing

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The same thing happened to me only I was hit by a shit-box '82 Sirocco with a drunk driver while I was stopped at a traffic light. That's my guess here - the offending driver was distracted or impaired and failed to see traffic stopping in front of him/her and plowed the Slingshot.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Get as many super Bright lights as you can on the rear. Look at Whalen TIR 3 for the rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Everyone laughs at me when I tell them the first thing I added was $1500 in lights to make me more visable. Some people in front of me have pulled just to see what was coming.

I want to look like the grizwalds house coming down the road.

https://search.yahoo.com/searc…w%2Cm%3Aat-s&fr=yfp-hrmob

• He was stopped at traffic light according to FB post.

I guess it wasn't a matter of following too close as I thought - but I still hate tailgating

You can see that there is an intersection right behind them that they probably just passed through - must be 2 lights right in a row

• One thing I learned a long time ago... Stop at the light so that you can see the TIRES of the vechiel in front of you. That should give you a little play when rear-ended.

how about if you are driving a VW bus?

• I was driving a full size 4 door Chevy caprice....Stopped behind a line of cars.... I got hit from behind and my car was totaled. The roof bent up and the frame bent down. I think the car shrank a few inches. Her foot never left the gas pedal...kids....

I also got herniated discs in my neck..... if that SS driver didn’t get hurt they are extremely lucky...

• One of the most common types of crashes that I've worked over the years. I'm actually impressed by the performance of the frame on the slingshot. I'm always a little apprehensive when stopped at a light to many distracted drivers out there.

• Damn. How much to you want to bet the person in the car behind the SS was texting on their phone?:cursing:

They had to hit him at 30 MPH+ to climb that rear tire the way they did.

The story goes, he was sitting at the light, lady in the car behind wasn't paying attention and texting...ran in to the Sling and then pushed him under the SUV in front. The lady took full responsibility to the accident at the scene. Sounds like the sling is already at home and now it's time for insurance to take care of things.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...