• Questions;

After you remove the original bumper and then come up with a

small bit to position the hole, do you or did you then drill a hole big enough for the pin to come up through the hood?

I was thinking this way the hood can then be closed and the pin comes up high through the hole. With the pin high and the hood closed you should be able to position the unit exactly where you want it, latched.
    Then trace the cut out area. Sound correct?

Also - you mentioned the stock screws being to short. What length did you end up getting? I will do stainless as well.

And... I assume that after you have the hole cut you then install the latch - latched. THEN mark and drill your keeper screw hole locations.

Anything I am missing?

Thank you for the followup on this!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• M4 x 30 flat head capscrews stainless is what I used. I like your idea of putting the latch bolt in and then marking the latch hole. Looks like you have a good plan and a grasp on what's involved.

• Man no one told me this would be a JOB smh but I'm not giving up , no sir..

it’s NOT a job... It’s an ADVENTURE! 😎

Welcome aboard Albert Star!
    However you WILL be taking the trash out more ...just to walk by the sling.
    You WILL have more screen time checking out MOD sites. Work WILL become lets just say, it WILL have a new purpose.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• With these Hood latches, do you have to shut your hood gently or can you still bring it down to a certain point and just drop it?

You will find out that you will have to replace the pins about every 5,000 miles, either the clip in the button wears out or the ball on the pin. After replacing about 4 sets I gave up. Yes, I did learn how to install them properly. To get the most miles out of them there can not be any play between the latch and the pin. I think I still have two new pins and buttons. Now I just use the buttons to cover the holes in the hood

• 80,000+ miles on my 2016 and NO Hood Pins, I always lay the hood down softly and press the 4 corners where the latches are and like the way it preforms. I do have a slight bit of flutter at high speeds (80+mph) with truck traffic.

I have been advised that the 2016.5, and later hoods, were designed to be lighter then their predecessors................

Bill

• You will find out that you will have to replace the pins about every 5,000 miles, either the clip in the button wears out or the ball on the pin. After replacing about 4 sets I gave up. Yes, I did learn how to install them properly. To get the most miles out of them there can not be any play between the latch and the pin. I think I still have two new pins and buttons. Now I just use the buttons to cover the holes in the hood

FunCycle thank you for the info.
    I was more interested in the AeroCatch latches discussed in this post rather than the push pins. I added fender vents which have helped significantly with fender flap. I’m more concerned with those times that the hood doesn’t completely latch (especially on the highways).