• My question is how can someone be so removed from reality as to go on the rants that he goes where he literally pretends to know better than everyone else in here.

You have to be literally missing something "up there" to lack common sense to the degree that he does.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• My question is how can someone be so removed from reality as to go on the rants that he goes where he literally pretends to know better than everyone else in here.

You have to be literally missing something "up there" to lack common sense to the degree that he does.

I’m more than willing to share the info I have to solve problems...

Looking at it realistically there is a reason for the fenders flapping.....something is missing or out of adjustment ...it’s that simple.....that doesn’t make me crazy because mine don’t flap.

Nobody has yet to say how much the fenders are jumping around....1/4”-1/2” 3/4” ?...

The fender bumpers look like this..a round piece of rubber like a mini hockey puck with a threaded stud (about 1/4” by 1 3/4” to 2”) and two nuts for locking the height adjustments...these bumpers are located real close to the turn signal...

If you have them they aren’t adjusted right....if you don’t have them Your fenders are probably flapping. If you can’t get them from Polaris you might find them at a hardware store.

• Or make an animated GIF using a site like this - https://ezgif.com/. the only drawback is the length of an animated GIF is a function of frame rate, video size and compression. Longer videos require much lower frame rates and resolution to fit within the 10 MB limit.

I tried to find an animated GIF I'd made, but couldn't find one quickly enough and I have some chores I need to take care of.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Or make an animated GIF using a site like this - https://ezgif.com/. the only drawback is the length of an animated GIF is a function of frame rate, video size and compression. Longer videos require much lower frame rates and resolution to fit within the 10 MB limit.

I tried to find an animated GIF I'd made, but couldn't find one quickly enough and I have some chores I need to take care of.

My fenders sitting still...

My fenders at 90 mph....

• No amount of up pressure on those stops are going to stop the fender flapping when your going 70 and meet a bull hauler going 70 on a two lane road. Trust me it will damn near blow you off the road. I have mniron 's hood pins and exceedingly happy with them. AND my hood IS adjusted correctly.

LC

• No amount of up pressure on those stops are going to stop the fender flapping when your going 70 and meet a bull hauler going 70 on a two lane road. Trust me it will damn near blow you off the road. I have mniron 's hood pins and exceedingly happy with them. AND my hood IS adjusted correctly.

LC

Do you have these on your SS?

Just curious....

• I'm surprised jacking up the hood bumpers in an attempt to eliminate flapping doesn't increase the likelihood of hood latching problems.

That is why he says he has to slam his hood down hard to get it to latch. I am guessing we will be reading about a hood cracking issue sometime soon.

• That is why he says he has to slam his hood down hard to get it to latch. I am guessing we will be reading about a hood cracking issue sometime soon.

I’ve owned the the neighborhood of 75 vehicles over the years....

Not one ever had a hood that would properly latch if you closed it like a little girl. They needed to be dropped from a certain height or they would not latch.

If your hood doesn’t sit down tight it will flap up and down. sounds like the same thing happens with the slingshot and by the way....the fenders, our fenders are part of our hood...

Latches down tight and fender bumpers adjusted up to put slight upward pressure on the fender.

The hood latches needs adjusted to pull the hood down tighter. Same as the hood latch on any car or truck. If they are not down tight the hood will bounce or rattle.

• That is why he says he has to slam his hood down hard to get it to latch. I am guessing we will be reading about a hood cracking issue sometime soon.

I can see the tittle in my head.

Catastrophic Cracked Hood Failure........ then there will be a 20 page essay about polaris using inferior quality ABS to create the hood which is why it cracked.

:00006725:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I can see the tittle in my head.

Catastrophic Cracked Hood Failure........ then there will be a 20 page essay about polaris using inferior quality ABS to create the hood which is why it cracked.

:00006725:

Polaris should have used marine grade ABS and we wouldn’t have all these problems. :00008356:

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~