• Back when I was having some trouble with my hood staying latched, I had my hood pop up at 60 mph during a night ride. As the hood starts coming up, the headlights get blocked . No fun! Fortunately for me, the moon was out and I was in a left hand curve, so I could see ahead of the hood and was able to slow down and pull over. Not something I want to experience again, though.

• I've witnessed this, was riding with Dave@DDMWorks at MV in his sling when it came open on us. Someone had just set the hood down without latching.

Not the first time we have had that happen at events, so many people looking under the hood. It does show how much lift the stock front end on the Slingshot has, all that air pressure under the hood is pushing up on the Slingshot trying to lift the front at speed and is the reason that the front gets pretty floaty stock.

• Yep this under the hood pressure is the reason why many of us had cut the hood and added many vents and/or hood pins and while pins do the job IMHO the best way is to vent the hood/engine bay at several places so it is not acting like a parachute brake while out and about.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Not the first time we have had that happen at events, so many people looking under the hood. It does show how much lift the stock front end on the Slingshot has, all that air pressure under the hood is pushing up on the Slingshot trying to lift the front at speed and is the reason that the front gets pretty floaty stock.

Dave you da man. Thanks for taking the time to look at my sheared off rear axle at Maggie Valley and for marking it. Lots of rides since then and it doesn't move but I always check. The local dealership is going to put in a claim for me to replace it. Here's hoping it goes through.

• After making numerous 80-90 MPH turnpike runs......I am not seeing what everyone is calling fender flapping......even in cross winds.....I see slight up and down movement but nothing that would cause me concern or to do anything to help secure them. To be fair I do see slight movement when I hit bumps in the road....the fenders react to the bump and do not flap.

My opinion is if your fenders are “flapping” your hood is not adjusted correctly. I don’t suspect Polaris would have released the slingshot if it thought there was a fender flapping issue.

The issue could be with people that say they can just close the hood gently.....do your fenders flap? I have to use a fair amount of downward force to close my hood......my fenders don’t flap. This tells me my fenders have bottomed out tightly on the pads.

Your front (and rear) latches have adjustment slots running Up and down. My opinion is your latches are not adjusted low enough. This would bring the hood down lower. Then the fenders would lay down on the pads tight. The hood hinge bolts might need adjusted down also. There are slots on the hood where they bolt on.

I spent a considerable amount of time getting my hood to line up and latch correctly. Which also includes hood pad replacement and adjustments. And Changing the hood hinges to the extended ones.

Bottom line .... it’s in the latch adjustment if your fenders are flapping.

OK, fire away....

• BS

• If I pull up on my fenders really hard I can make them move maybe 1/4”. Certainly not enough to be flapping....

Is anyone using these bumper hood adjustment things? You adjust them so they push up on the fender to keep them from flapping.....that and with the hood properly adjusted so it closes correctly and guess what....no fender flapping.....imagine that....

• If I pull up on my fenders really hard I can make them move maybe 1/4”. Certainly not enough to be flapping....

Is anyone using these bumper hood adjustment things? You adjust them so they push up on the fender to keep them from flapping.....

Well, there's the problem. Have some else pull on your fenders

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Well, there's the problem. Have some else pull on your fenders

If I pull any harder I’ll snap them off....they don’t flap now so why should I try to make them flap?

Fast gray fenders don’t flap they just cut through the wind like a knife.. other Color slingshots need the flapping motion to help them go faster....it’s a bird, it’s a plane ...no it’s just a slow red one trying to go fast...