2019 warranty info

• I bought mine (2019) and my dealer said one year also. He was trying to sell me the extended warranty/service agreement. Really couldn’t pin down which it was but they said it would add three years to the factory warranty. Contract language seemed to imply only one year.

Anyway, the owners manual clearly states that the factory warranty for 2019 is 2 years.

• I am looking at a 2019 ,SLR Icon and Mancuso says the warranty now 12 months. Our 2017 was 24 months. Will someone please tell me what's up.

Jamesgn

You need to find the one at Mancuso that isn't stupid and talk to them. You can find that person (hopefully) in the service department.

• I bought mine (2019) and my dealer said one year also. He was trying to sell me the extended warranty/service agreement. Really couldn’t pin down which it was but they said it would add three years to the factory warranty. Contract language seemed to imply only one year.

Anyway, the owners manual clearly states that the factory warranty for 2019 is 2 years.

That is exactly what I thought and it sounded like. The problem is the head guy said this with the extra warrenty push just like you said. I didn't expect this from Mancuso.

Jamesgn

• only time I took my 2016 to the dealer the service rep made the comment that it was a good thing I had the extended warranty because my regular warranty had ended. I said it wasnt two years yet and he said it was only one - At the time I didnt argue because, as he said I have the extended warranty and he said it would cover the brake switch issue which was the only non-recall thing I was there for

Like others have said the book says 2 years, but I suspect that because most of the things they work on are i year they just assume its the same for the slingshot - at this point I am past the 2 years so until 2022 I have to rely on the extended

As as side note the extended they sold me is not the Polaris warranty - its some Western something and so far I cant complain, it did cover the brake switch and it also paid for 7 days of rental car that I got when they kept the slingshot :)

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I am looking at a 2019 ,SLR Icon and Mancuso says the warranty now 12 months. Our 2017 was 24 months. Will someone please tell me what's up.

Jamesgn

One thing that I was told last summer by scott is that warranty starts when the vehicles is registered(does not mean sale) , he said that for example his 2016 shop sling that has never been registered and stills considered as an inventory item even though he uses it daily and has XXXXX miles if he were to sell it it would have a full 2yr polaris warranty.

So if a dealer were to register the bike as a dealer demo(tax benefit) vs keeping it as an inventory item the warranty would start running even though it has not been sold , when it gets sold it will have less warranty.

Basically it all depends on how your dealer manages their inventory and how much they are willing to screw the customer .

Here is a cut from polaris official site, full 2yr warranty on all Slingshots

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I've never developed a relationship with any of the Slingshot dealers here in the Houston area. They either had unacceptable conditions or flat-out lied to me. Before any Slingshots had even been shipped to Texas, I had experiences ranging from telling me to come down and look at their stock (they didn't have any and even told me they were still crated in the warehouse) to telling me they wanted a $2500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit on a vehicle they didn't even have for me to try sitting in, not to mention around $2000 for Shipping and Prep. I went with a dealer over 100 miles away who only charged around $700 for delivery/setup and also only wanted a $500 REFUNDABLE deposit. Unfortunately, that dealer stopped selling the Slingshot. At least one dealer here in Houston has also stopped selling the Slingshot.

Anybody have any experience with Polaris Fun Center in Bryant, TX?

• I've never developed a relationship with any of the Slingshot dealers here in the Houston area.

They either had unacceptable conditions or flat-out lied to me. Before any Slingshots had even been shipped to Texas, I had experiences ranging from telling me to come down and look at their stock (they didn't have any and even told me they were still crated in the warehouse) to telling me they wanted a $2500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit on a vehicle they didn't even have for me to try sitting in, not to mention around $2000 for Shipping and Prep. I went with a dealer over 100 miles away who only charged around $700 for delivery/setup and also only wanted a $500 REFUNDABLE deposit. Unfortunately, that dealer stopped selling the Slingshot. At least one dealer here in Houston has also stopped selling the Slingshot.

Anybody have any experience with Polaris Fun Center in Bryant, TX?

Your a very smart man. Houston is full of cons and con artist and they all work for corporate America.

• My 2015 was untitled with 720 miles on it. They sold it to me as “used”. They gave me a “courtesy” 2 year warranty.... through the dealer....don’t ask me how they accomplished this....

I was also told later that I couldn’t get an extended warranty because I didn’t buy it on the day I bought the SS.

It sounds like dealers can make and change the rules whenever they want.

If a dealer doesn’t want to turn things into Polaris as a warranty issue ....you’re screwed..they have to turn in the parts evidence and whatever paperwork is involved.

• The standard warrantee from Polaris is 2 years and you can buy additional up to 3 years for a total of 5 years. The additional time can be purchased anytime before the original 2 years runs out. You do NOT have to buy from the dealer who sold the Slingshot. The dealers do have a little movement in what they charge for the additional time. There have been several dealers who have made a point of giving about a 20% discount.

• This is a GREAT deal and it's a Polaris warrantee not aftermarket.

Yes, this is the OEM Polaris warranty. We are offering 25% OFF MSRP pretty much year round and have been for quite some time. If you are interested, you can send your VIN # and full name/email to PolarisExtendedWarranty@Ballequip.com or call (810) 269-7418