Squeaking sound

Attention Vendors. Please email robert@rabtech.com any instruction manuals you may have for your products. They will be added to the FILEBASE tab for members to access.
  • im getting a squeaking sound near the front passenger tire area every time I go over little bumps and what not...

Any ideas to correct this or possible problem area?

About to suit up and dump gallons of wd-40 over the engine and tires to correct the issue;)^^

It makes me cringe every time I hear it... any help would be seriously appreciated!

• Might be able to help you out...

Fairly common problem.

Go to the front of your Slingshot...

Lightly press up and down just behind the Polaris badge...

Got a squeak?

What to look for...

Center headlights, see those two inner screws marked? Yep, probably longer than they need to be.

Notice that big bulbous hump on the underside of the hood located under the badge?

Now slide around to the front of the hood and look into the centerlight opening...

Does your big bulbous have paint missing and shiny metal showing similiar to this?

Yep, mine started doing it again. Fixed it once but think I will use the grinder and knock an eighth inch off the screws.

Hang on a moment. I need to discuss that with my Slingshot.

• Just a thought....

Does the hood need to be pushed slightly closer toward the windshield?

I moved my hood straight back slightly to make this area line up better.. the hood was sticking out too far to make a smooth looking fit...

• Just took an "around the block" drive after pushing down on the center headlights and pushing the hood a little more forward.

1hr later (who just drives around the block, 1 left turns into another, then a right, then you are just way away from the original starting point) the squeaking has seemed to stop, for now...

Thanks for the help airoutlaw and Bigdog !