Rear belt sprocket removal

• It never hurts to rub a little grease on the pulley side bearing as long as you have it open. I doubt Polaris put any extra in when the swing arm was replaced.

last time I was in mine bearings I installed a grease zerk on the swing arm and now able to give a few shots when I change the engine oil. Don't want to overdo it so a few times a year is good

• last time I was in mine bearings I installed a grease zerk on the swing arm and now able to give a few shots when I change the engine oil. Don't want to overdo it so a few times a year is good

If I ever take mine apart a zerk will definitely be installed. It's odd that they aren't standard. But i suppose someone would over do it and screw up the speed sensor on the other side.

• you could but your putting transferring that offset blow to the bearings. The puller keeps a steady even pull and no shock.

No! I greased the bearings before the swing arm recall, I have not greased the bearings since the swing arm recall. The sprocket side is a two piece needle bearing and easy to grease when you pull the axle. The wheel side is a double ball bearing with a split inter race and you can shoot grease or use your fingers to press grease into the opening between the two inter races.

• No! I greased the bearings before the swing arm recall, I have not greased the bearings since the swing arm recall. The sprocket side is a two piece needle bearing and easy to grease when you pull the axle. The wheel side is a double ball bearing with a split inter race and you can shoot grease or use your fingers to press grease into the opening between the two inter races.

FunCycle i think you read this wrong, I was saying you shouldn't hit the sprocket with a hammer and to use a puller to keep from putting unnecessary shock or one sided pull on bearings and surfaces