My San Antonio trip...

• Hi folks,

I've mentioned my trip to San Antonio here, and many members have offered to meet me, ride with me, even put me up - unfortunately, I'm gonna have to turn down all these kind invitations.

I'm going to see one of my brothers, we haven't seen each other in 35 years. We've phoned, sent the occasional card, but haven't gotten together in a dog's age.

When my brother let slip that he wasn't in good health (a real understatement), I offered to come see him - he was really reluctant to accept my offer. It took a few more phone calls to figure out why.

He was worried how I would feel seeing him as he is now, house & wheelchair bound. He was worried about being able to feed me during my stay (how did I feel about Ramen noodles for dinner?) Typically, he was worried about his little brother and how I would feel on my visit.

We've managed to get past that. I going to come, spend time with him, meet my two nephews (I've never seen or spoken to either of them) and my nephew's wives & children. I'm going to cook for my brother, stock his pantry, and take care of him for a few days. Gracious as always, he's going to let me be the big brother for a few days. It won't make up for missing years, but it's a start - better late than never.

I love my slingshot family here, but I have a chance to rebuild relationships with someone I've *always* admired; and I'm not going to miss that chance.

I'm very thankful for everyone who offered to welcome me with open arms, but I know y'all will understand if I say: "Thanks! Maybe next time."

God bless. :thumbsup:

-- Doc

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Roger that. ALWAYS Family First man!!

Open invite is just that.. If'n you need a break or a short get away for any reason you got my number and can swing by for decompression therapy.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• Switching roles in an aging family is a difficult and awkward task at best. I'm sure you will do it with grace. There is a saying 'time is limited - spend yours wisely'. You're doing just that! All the best to your Bro and his family.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)