Engine code 65602

• I've had my Slingshot apart, hooking up gauges. I wanted to "Y" off the oil pressure idiot light, but GM saw fit not to make it the standard 1/8-27 pipe thread like nearly every sending unit out there. So for now, I just omitted running the oil pressure gauge and hooked up the rest. I was trying to wrap it up tonight, and must have rushed it a bit. I didn't get the throttle body wire hooked up, and cycled the ignition (did not attempt to start). Got engine code 65602, so I looked it up in my manual. "Throttle position sensor out of range". Went and looked, yep, the plug was laying on the place to plug in, but wasn't actually plugged in. Ignition was off, so I plugged it in and cycled it again. Engine light on, same code. I cycled it 20 times, even started it and throttle seems to work fine. But engine light and the same code is still on. I know sometimes the battery can be unhooked and it will clear codes after setting for some time. Hoping it will correct itself with a little driving (think cycling, but it's not quite together yet, hopefully out some tomorrow evening and again Thursday). Anyone have this happen, and have advice on what I can expect? I really don't want to go to a dealer to clear the code. I think the problem is fixed, other than the code is still showing up (first engine code I've gotten). I'm planning to drive to scootertrash 's place Saturday for wrench day. I doubt that there will be anything there to clear codes, but I'm getting a laser alignment and helping others with wrench day.

On a separate issue, is there anywhere that is existing that I can hook up an oil pressure sending unit to?

• Goats_Hogs you can use the port on the back of the head, but that will give you a lower pressure than the port the OEM sensor is on. You can reverse them and the idiot light will still work

If I can reverse them, that would mean it's the same thread as the idiot light sensor is. Do you know what that is? Most oil pressure sensors are the 1/8-27 pipe thread, but this one is just a bit larger and a rather coarse thread. I only ask because I'll need to get or make an adapter to hook up the Autometer sensor.

• To get rid of the CEL you can just disconnect the battery for 10-15min and that will clear the code. I just did the same thing last week. I had my intake manifold off and forgot to plug in the TB when I was finished. Mine was a little pissed off until I cleared the code.

The block fitting is 12mm x 1.75. Your oil pressure sensor is likely 1/8" NPT. You could use Auto Meter 2278 to convert over the block. You can stick the engine oil pressure sensor in the back of the head. I THINK it's about 10psi lower pressure there but it is enough to keep the idiot light happy.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• To get rid of the CEL you can just disconnect the battery for 10-15min and that will clear the code. I just did the same thing last week. I had my intake manifold off and forgot to plug in the TB when I was finished. Mine was a little pissed off until I cleared the code.

The block fitting is 12mm x 1.75. Your oil pressure sensor is likely 1/8" NPT. You could use Auto Meter 2278 to convert over the block. You can stick the engine oil pressure sensor in the back of the head. I THINK it's about 10psi lower pressure there but it is enough to keep the idiot light happy.

Thanks Kyle! Ordered the Auto Meter 2278, Just now, and I'll do the battery trick. I couldn't believe I left the plug off, I didn't even start it up or try to. I was only checking to see that I had power to the gauges when it set the code.

• We all have our moments. I tried starting mine and right after I hit the start button I thought "sucks to suck" I forgot to plug the TB back in. I'm chalking it up to an early senior moment. laugh-squared

OK, I did this twice today (over 30 minutes each time) and the code comes right back. FYI, I drove it 10 miles, acted just as usual in all ways. Last night was a late day for me, not sure.... I may have or not unplugged the throttle body while the ignition was hot. Any chance I messed up the throttle body sensor if I did? I'll be happy to buy a new one if that would fix the problem. Sling runs fine, but that engine light comes on every time I boot it. Any help greatly appreciated!!

• OK, I did this twice today (over 30 minutes each time) and the code comes right back. FYI, I drove it 10 miles, acted just as usual in all ways. Last night was a late day for me, not sure.... I may have or not unplugged the throttle body while the ignition was hot. Any chance I messed up the throttle body sensor if I did? I'll be happy to buy a new one if that would fix the problem. Sling runs fine, but that engine light comes on every time I boot it. Any help greatly appreciated!!

Brent

Try cycling the ignition 3 times - Off On, Off On, Off On, Off and do it very quickly. Let set for 20 - 30 minutes and see if check engine light clears.

• Brent

Try cycling the ignition 3 times - Off On, Off On, Off On, Off and do it very quickly. Let set for 20 - 30 minutes and see if check engine light clears.

Thanks Tom. Not sure why, but this morning it went off. It was on when I left for work, but since it was running fine and the weather is going to be nice, I drove it in anyway. I stopped for fuel on the way, and when I cycled the ignition, the check engine light stayed off. I do seem to have a gremlin in the mix though. The gauges are giving me issues, and this morning my backup camera wouldn't come on. All I get is a blue screen in reverse. I had the radio out, might not have got the plug in pushed in all the way. Radio works though!

(Who am I kidding? None of the first generation radios work, but it does bluetooth to my iPod and plays that fine!) :00008356:

Code cleared this morning when I stopped for gas on my way to work! Thanks for the info though!

• Code cleared this morning when I stopped for gas on my way to work! Thanks for the info though!

Glad you got it sorted out and that it went away with some drive time. As for the radio, assuming you still have the stock one, the orange connector goes into port B and the blue one into port D. Also if you look at the color coded connectors, there SHOULD be a sticker on the wire that tells you what port it goes into on the back of the radio face plate. The 15s had it. Not sure on the other years. I've never had issues with my gauges so unfortunately I'm not going to be any help on that. The funny thing is if your radio is connected to your phone via bluetooth, the music will still play with the face plate completely removed.

• Glad you got it sorted out and that it went away with some drive time. As for the radio, assuming you still have the stock one, the orange connector goes into port B and the blue one into port D. Also if you look at the color coded connectors, there SHOULD be a sticker on the wire that tells you what port it goes into on the back of the radio face plate. The 15s had it. Not sure on the other years. I've never had issues with my gauges so unfortunately I'm not going to be any help on that. The funny thing is if your radio is connected to your phone via bluetooth, the music will still play with the face plate completely removed.

Thanks for your time Kyle, it is appreciated! I will check the plugs today after work. I think I either have a bad sending unit, or a bad temperature gauge. I ran a separate wire to double check wiring, and it didn't change. The oil pressure gauge is waiting on the Auto Meter 2278 adapter fitting you mentioned above. And, while the voltmeter is working fine, the light burnt out in the housing this morning!

Hey, it's all good! I'll get it fixed and working shortly. Shortly.... see what I did there? :00008356::00008040: