Most of us had Motorcycles “MOPEDS" which one do you miss the most before the SS

• Probably the Yamaha FJR 1300. My Wife and I rode the heck out of that bike without a problem. Second would be my Triumph Speed Triple.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• .....Im so fortunate that i made it thru the days on this, remember riding it to boston ( Vanson Leather Hqs) and i was so cold going up I-95 i had to stop to get hot choc just to hold, i didnt drink it lmao but coming home was beautiful weather and i was all alone

• SlingLow  maverick5990

Actually, you're both correct. The term moped is derived from the idea that it is a "motorized bicycle" and the pedals do provide forward momentum that was used to start them. Some mopeds had electric starters, but the pedals could still be used. The true reason they had pedals was because, without them, they were no different than motorcycles and would require the rider to be 16 years old, wear a helmet, and possess a motorcycle endorsement on their license. Adding the pedals was how the manufacturers got around that, thus broadening their sales market. In addition to the pedals, moped engines were restricted to a max displacement of 49 cc and they could not exceed 35 mph. Most kids, like me, figured out how to remove the governor and get a few more mph out of it. So, winner, winner, you both get a chicken dinner... lol 😆

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• I think the one that I miss the most is the V-65 Honda, what a HOT ROD. 125mph on the 1/2 mile straight every day in front of my house.

I had a V-65 Magna when i lived in Fort Hood back in 90-91, after i got back from Desert Storm I was set to PCS to Germany so i sold the bike.

• Still riding two wheels. At the moment only riding two wheels while awaiting parts for the sling. Have had just about all brands and types. My favorite crotch rocket was a 1989 GSXR 750. Some of the last few shown below. I purchased the beautiful 1997 sportster 3 years ago with only 260 miles on it! I wish I had room in the garage I would have held onto it forever. I sold it last year to make room in the garage. 2006 Softail Deluxe which I traded in on the sling. Current and most favorite ride HD Road King. Bottom.

• .....Im so fortunate that i made it thru the days on this, remember riding it to boston ( Vanson Leather Hqs) and i was so cold going up I-95 i had to stop to get hot choc just to hold, i didnt drink it lmao but coming home was beautiful weather and i was all alone

Those days are gone. I would have a blast for about 30 minutes shortly after not so much. ... and the next day the price would be payed. ^^They were fun!

• I had one of these back in the early 80's - I was piss poor, married with a new baby and it was all I cold afford to drive. really good running and dependable bike. Sucked in the winter on Long Island especially when it snowed.

Kawasaki 440 LTD - this is an internet photo

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• My favorite ride of the 6 sport bikes I have owned was my 1990 GSXR1100.

The bike had a ton of work done and dyno'd with 198 rear wheel HP and topped out at 185MPH.

Here are some very old pics... (might have broken a few laws)

5 years ago - I sold my last sport bike - my fav track bike - my R1

This baby rocked the corners and wheelies almost as good as my GSXR.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• This was my first street motorcycle. I got it at 16. A Suzuki GN 250, capable of 60 MPH full throttle on a flat. I lived in central PA. When I was young and stupid a friend and I who also had one decided to take a trip to Virginia beach on these things. The way there was one thing in itself but the way back. We were having a good time catching allot of fish so we stretched our stay till dark. We rode the way back on Baltimore beltway on these things at night in the poring rain. Mixed in with tractor trailers rain spray and everything else. Funny when you are young and stupid we didn't think anything of it.

• The first bike was a Katana. Owned it for a year, decided it wasn't doing my back any favors, so I sold it and bought an ST-1100.

That got wrecked in 2016 by a guy in a pickup who decided Stop signs were for others.... after I got back on my feet I spent the insurance settlement on an ST-1300.

Unfortunately, I was too uncomfortable (mentally) riding after the accident, plus now I have a bad hip, so I sold THAT and got a 2019 SLR.

I think I'm done now. :P

Glenn

• And one of the FAST RED Ones, no less!

Keep Three Wheels Down