Sling lines Roof

• Is anyone using this roof? Looks like entire thing is moulded plastic. Looking at sling mods install video I wonder if it is likely that I would wack the back of my helmet getting in and out. Even with the flip up roof the back part seems to extend fairly far forwards. If anyone has comments about fit and finish or if it is squeaky or other comments let me know

• I think this is brand new to market so probably not many users out there yet - you might want to talk to the guys at Slingmods - - I am sure they can answer your questions

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• heck the frame looks to me like its made out of PVC pipe and fittings like they use on patio furniture - not that its necessarily a bad thing, but if I were in the market I would wait to see what others think before throwing my money down.

• Only issue I see is the way it's all riveted together. Once it's assembled it's there. You have to drill the rivets out to remove the frame if you want it off.

So why can’t you just use some stainless screws if you want to be able to take it off and on....

Aluminum Rivets are cheaper..

I’m thinking if it squeaks or rattles could some double face tape be used before you fasten it together....

Personally I would use screws....

• Probably because it's this ABS tubing that would not hold a screw more than a block down the road. You know what would happen after that would be catastrophic

• That top has a couple nice features but misses on the styling for me. A little too busy without complimenting the Slingshot lines and style. Also not a big fan of the plastic frame vibrating in my field of vision as seen on the video. Not a bad price but for $1k I'd go with the MeanSling top - if I wanted a top.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• My roof (not this one) has been on mine since the day I bought my SS and actually it’s the only reason I bought the SS I did. I have no intention or need to remove it...

with this one having the ability to quickly remove part of it and being able to store it right on the SS is pretty nice....

The only reason to remove the entire roof would be to leave it off.

• That top has a couple nice features but misses on the styling for me. A little too busy without complimenting the Slingshot lines and style. Also not a big fan of the plastic frame vibrating in my field of vision as seen on the video. Not a bad price but for $1k I'd go with the MeanSling top - if I wanted a top.

I had one of the canvas tops with the poles running down the front... that won't ever happen again. What a crappy design. Wind seems to want to tear your face off.

• I don't like this roof at all. You can "take the top off"... sort of. But only the front half comes off, and even then you have a nest of abs piped above you. Who the heck wants that!?

The worst "feature" is the edge across the back of your head when you get in or out. Dunno about anyone else, but I'm sure I would bang my dome on that dang thing time and time again.

The whole video convinced me that Meansling's sport top is brilliant.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I don't like this roof at all. You can "take the top off"... sort of. But only the front half comes off, and even then you have a nest of abs piped above you. Who the heck wants that!?

The worst "feature" is the edge across the back of your head when you get in or out. Dunno about anyone else, but I'm sure I would bang my dome on that dang thing time and time again.

The whole video convinced me that Meansling's sport top is brilliant.

I agree, The Meansling Sport Top is absolutely brilliant. best top made for people who want a top that comes off cleanly and easily and also opens for easy access for old farts like myself

• Well, I think that this video speaks for itself on who would like, or who would dislike, this top, and I can predict where this debate will be going, especially with the permanent nature of this installation, materials used and the drilling and riveting required:

Bill

I liked the design of this top but being made out of PVC it will rattle a lot once you get a few miles in it and it is exposed to the heat since black pvc will get extremely hot and therefore flex a lot.

Also what will happen when someone uses the upper bar as a grab bar O_O....... catastrophic failure for sure!

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I must say I am not sure how all of that black molded plastic would hold up if it were to be parked every day like my slingshot is here in our desert sun and our 110 degree plus days - same problem I have with the Slingshade top and I have heard people talk about how it warps from the heat.

but at this point all of this talk is speculation - after this has been out for some time and actually road tested we will know more and who knows maybe it will be great