Looking For Some Prayers From Our Slingshot Family

• Usually just read posts and haven't met any of you but I certainly feel the need to send out some prayers to Rob the Slob. I lost my father to leukemia 12 years ago and I also know people who have beat several types of cancer. It can be done! Rob, you got this.

• I would like to truly thank all of y'all for the outpouring of prayers and thoughts. I am humbled.

frehleycomet keep up the fight brother you are in our prayers.

This week is going to be a busy week for me. Tomorrow I go to get a pet scan and have a consultation with the doctor that is going to put in the central port. Tuesday I get the port. Then Wednesday my first round of chemo.

Once again I thank all of y'all for being in my family (or allows me to be part of theirs) and I will try to keep you updated or let V-SHOT let you know as his wife and mine chat just about every day. Love y'all

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I have a good update. My first treatment was on May 15th. It knocked me down pretty hard for about a week. I was able to make it to Maggie Valley but was Slingless. I didn't think I would be able to tow it that far especially if I would have had troubles on the road. Got to see a lot of our sling family.

Yesterday was my second round. Before I started I met with my oncologist. My wife who is a nurse used to work for him. I was in the exam room and she was taking care of some insurance stuff. When she was coming back to be with me she ran into him in the hall. He was all excited and asked her if she had seen the X-ray results and she said yes and he said that the chemo had reduced my tumors and gave her a hug. Said he would be in my room soon. He is a very stoic professional type doctor but when he came in he had a big grin on his face and told me about the results. He was just expecting the first treatment would just stabilize the tumors. So we are going to stay on this path for a total of four treatments 21 days apart.

I would like to thank everyone for their continued thoughts and prayers. Now let's get through this bad week and hopefully we will get to Huntsville homecoming.

Rob

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I have a good update. My first treatment was on May 15th. It knocked me down pretty hard for about a week. I was able to make it to Maggie Valley but was Slingless. I didn't think I would be able to tow it that far especially if I would have had troubles on the road. Got to see a lot of our sling family.

Yesterday was my second round. Before I started I met with my oncologist. My wife who is a nurse used to work for him. I was in the exam room and she was taking care of some insurance stuff. When she was coming back to be with me she ran into him in the hall. He was all excited and asked her if she had seen the X-ray results and she said yes and he said that the chemo had reduced my tumors and gave her a hug. Said he would be in my room soon. He is a very stoic professional type doctor but when he came in he had a big grin on his face and told me about the results. He was just expecting the first treatment would just stabilize the tumors. So we are going to stay on this path for a total of four treatments 21 days apart.

I would like to thank everyone for their continued thoughts and prayers. Now let's get through this bad week and hopefully we will get to Huntsville homecoming.

Rob

That is awesome news! All of us were very happy to see you make it to Maggie Valley, really hoping you can make it to Huntsville also if you are up to it! We are all pulling for you!

• Sure would be awesome to see you and Luann in Huntsville Rob!!! :thumbsup:

Rho can't make it, I'll have an open seat for my Blue Fire brother if ya feel up to it.