RATE YOUR DEALERSHIP

• This is only the second time I have had to bring my sling shot in for anything first time was the first oil change, it was part of the sales pitch and thrown in the deal, I made an appointment at 10 am and 4 hrs later left with my SS with fresh oil and all the current re calls complete.

Now I would have thought that purchasing 8 Motorcycle and the SS from the same dealer over 125,000.00 in purchases, and the promoting of them to friends who have also purchased, sending them Pizza for lunch not to mention purchasing accessories and attending their open houses and events would be enough but I guess in this NEW WORLD where only the bottom line matters and its all about the $$$$ Loyalty mean nothing.

'It's about the ride not the destination"

• Volusia Motorsports New Smyrna Beach, fl.

The BEST! Just ask Andy the owner, lol.

Great service. When you make an appointment they keep it. When you ask for technical advise they help the best they can. They go the extra mile. Went in for brake balance switch replacement and they also replaced my clutch MC. I didn't even know it was leaking back into the reservoir. Metal particles.

Thanks to all the staff.

• I received a call from dealer they said they could not duplicate the noise in rear of SS so they dis assembled it, cleaned everything and checked bearings and everything appeared to be fine to them. They also took care of all recalls and as a courtesy they installed my new grill which I had ordered from them and it had come in. We will see when I pick up tomorrow morning if in fact the noise is gone? Stay tuned for results.

• Since our original dealer shut the doors as far as the SlingShot is concerned, we tried out a new one this week in Cycle Country in Salem Oregon. I have been in contact the past couple of weeks to get the knock sensor replaced as well and get the existing open recalls completed. Communications during this time was outstanding, as well as the service when we arrived at the dealership this morning. Big Kudos!

Bill

• I received a call from dealer they said they could not duplicate the noise in rear of SS so they dis assembled it, cleaned everything and checked bearings and everything appeared to be fine to them. They also took care of all recalls and as a courtesy they installed my new grill which I had ordered from them and it had come in. We will see when I pick up tomorrow morning if in fact the noise is gone? Stay tuned for results.

I had an issue and I explained it to the service manager.....so I assumed he knew what the problem was from my explanation....

When I went there to see how much progress they made a week later......nothing had been looked at. So I actually got to talk to the mechanic that was going to do the work. When I explained it to him ...my story and the story he got was completely different....it’s no wonder they can’t duplicate the problem....they don’t really know what it is....

Obviously something was lost in the written explanation on the work order.. so it’s not always the mechanics fault.

• Since our original dealer shut the doors as far as the SlingShot is concerned, we tried out a new one this week in Cycle Country in Salem Oregon. I have been in contact the past couple of weeks to get the knock sensor replaced as well and get the existing open recalls completed. Communications during this time was outstanding, as well as the service when we arrived at the dealership this morning. Big Kudos!

Bill

There was one disappointing experience we did have with this dealer where there were no SlingShots on the showroom floor to check out and this was how we found the three brand new SlingShots that the dealer did have stuck in a back corner of their lot:

Something that the pictures fail to show is how dirty each of these units were.

:(

Bill

• I received my SS back on Saturday. I get into the SS and back up immediately the noise is there I go in and get service Manager, He listens and has a mechanic come out. They bring SS back in shop, and check front pulley its loose on shaft take it all apart clean everything put back together and torque everything down using lock tight and guess what no more noise. I only put about 30 miles on it since the fix but as of right now seems the issue resolved.

• I’m going to say the majority of our dealers sell quads and dirt bikes...it’s the main focus of their business. They were selling quads/ dirty bikes for the last 25 years or more....Slingshots are the new kid in town so they probably look at them like the icing on the cake.....not the real bread and butter of their business.

So new quad sales and repairs are probably taking priority. I kinda got that impression when mine was there for work. Many of those quads are the same or more money than slingshots... they had a diesel motor quad there it was loaded with about every option. $30,000..... base slingshot is $22,000....

Plus Look at all the accessories they have for sale to go with the quads....dealer accessories for slingshots amount to jackets, t shirts, gloves and a few actual parts. Their mechanics are being trained to work on quads way more than slingshots... were probably lucky if each dealer has one slingshot mechanic on site. Could be the reason repairs take so long. Think about it the slingshot needs a car mechanic basically.....not a motorcycle/quad mechanic...

Their slingshot mechanic probably volunteered to take the extra training. I’m starting to wonder how many slingshots the average dealer sells a year..... a couple a month verses up to a hundred a month for quads...they are a 4 season vehicle in every state....unlike slingshots. The quad industry has really taken off in popularity. The slingshot will never come close, per units sold. The proof is in the length of time the average slingshot owner keeps it. It’s a limited use luxury vehicle....which they soon find out. Not enough fair weather riding time. I don’t like looking at mine sitting there all winter..

• I received my SS back on Saturday. I get into the SS and back up immediately the noise is there I go in and get service Manager, He listens and has a mechanic come out. They bring SS back in shop, and check front pulley its loose on shaft take it all apart clean everything put back together and torque everything down using lock tight and guess what no more noise. I only put about 30 miles on it since the fix but as of right now seems the issue resolved.

Who's your dealer?

• The nearest Slingshot dealer to me just gave up the S/S Franchise for a number of reasons they are a summer toy out here, They take up to much room in the showroom and service bays.....And his major complaint Polaris doesn't seem to support the S/S Like they do with ATV'S and Side by Sides....Ie they have a heater option for their Side by's but not the S/S.. Among other things.....

This dealer is an Indian dealer also....And was a Victory dealer till Polaris puled the plug on them....And the has a strong feeling that going to happen to the Slingshot also..

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Bigdog says I don’t like looking at mine sitting there all winter..

Then put on some warm clothes and go riding! Right EjFord !!!!

A good pair of bib overalls, a warm jacket and boots, and I'm good to go down to about 15 degrees or so. I've done up to 100 mile rides in sub-freezing weather, but I prefer to keep cold weather rides under an hour.... pub crawling is a recommended method for keeping saddle time down to an acceptable level in cold weather! 😁

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• A good pair of bib overalls, a warm jacket and boots, and I'm good to go down to about 15 degrees or so. I've done up to 100 mile rides in sub-freezing weather, but I prefer to keep cold weather rides under an hour.... pub crawling is a recommended method for keeping saddle time down to an acceptable level in cold weather! 😁

I have some heated riding gear I really like......but truthfully I’m more of a fair weather rider...I don’t like getting wet or really cold....and I’m not doing snow.

Remember our wide back tire isn’t really made for lots of water or snow and ice....I don’t even ride in the summer if the streets are wet.....I wait until the dry up....my driving record has been somewhat clean for a while (not counting the deer that jumped in front of my van in November) ...and I don’t need another accident. I’m already insurance poor with 5 vehicles...

Geez....I lost count....right now I have 6 vehicles.... about $4000 a year for insurance....

• Mall of GA Indian Motorcycles https://mallofgeorgiaindianmotorcycle.com couldn't ask for a better dealership. Cookouts for their customers over the summer (Free). Even hosted an official Polaris run to the Varsity in Atl a few months back.

No pressure sales, I walked in, drove my 18 SLR, made an offer and 30 min later I was driving out.

Took the SS in for the Seatbelt and seat slider recalls, no issues what so ever.

Highly recommended!