RATE YOUR DEALERSHIP

• Friendship motorsports in Bristol Va. These guys have did every recall while I waited. That's right while I waited. I do call ahead of time and ask them when the best day and time to bring it is. I know the lead tech by name (he may not know mine but I sure know his). They sold me a tire cheaper than I could buy one anywhere else.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• What about the recall work?

I had starter, steering, gas pedal plus the regular recall stuff brake sensors, camera, seat frame, seat belts.

the only recall outstanding is the back up camera - all others have been done either before I bought it (it was the dealer demonstrator) or in the only trip I have taken to the dealer last June.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I've been to the closest two dealers to me, each is about an hour and 15 minutes one way. I won't recommend them for work to anyone. The dealer I bought mine from did most of the service work, and they screwed something up both times it was in there. Not to mention, no one gave me any advice on it when I bought it, including shutting the hood (it was loose at the windshield both sides on my first drive home). I had aftermarket lugs nuts completely trashed by using an impact, after I told them not to use an impact. The popped off my driver's arm panel to replace it from the star damage from the inside mount, and chipped a big hunk of paint off the deck at the rear. The first time I drove it after they returned it, the radio fell out. Told them I wanted a laser alignment, and they charged me $170 for that...... later I found out they didn't have the laser alignment. The second dealer I went to, took 1 hour and 45 minutes to check to see if the rubber plugs were in the swing arm (just a visual inspection, when the swing arm recall was done some of the swing arms didn't have the plugs in them). Of course, they took it around back, and put the hood up. Then didn't touch it for 1 hour, and 30 minutes. I could see it from the waiting area.

That said, I have a dealership I trust and like now. Clinton County Motorsports or CCM. They checked my seat on a Saturday morning, ran the VIN, and cleared all recalls in minutes. They treated me like I was a valued customer. They are 2 hours one way, but in the event that I need something done at the dealership that I can't do myself, it will go there. The two that own it work there on the floor, one in the parts area, one in the sales area. I've had little work done there, only the recall but they seem very concerned and genuine. From what I saw, I'd give them a solid 8 and since there's always room for improvement, no one gets a 10.

Neilson (I think is the name) in the Chicago area is supposed to be really good from what I hear from many that go there. Also there are a couple in Florida that are supposed to be top notch also.

@Goat_Hogs Did warranty cover the paint issue on the driver's arm panel? I have some checking as well and am waiting for an answer from the dealer.

• @Goat_Hogs Did warranty cover the paint issue on the driver's arm panel? I have some checking as well and am waiting for an answer from the dealer.

Yes. However, I asked the dealer to put foam over the mount that caused the "star", or bend it down, whatever it took so that it didn't happen again. They didn't, and within a few months it came back. Before it got bad, I took the panels off and 1) rolled the bracket down on the offending corner with a ball peen hammer, and 2) put some 3M weatherstripping foam over it. No problems since.

• Seems to be that most dealer are about taking care of us. I see a few of you have had bad experiences. For me here in Chicago its to early to say, I brought mine in for the first time (purchasing dealer) per the service manager on Tuesday night, grinding sound in rear end, I called Wednesday evening just before closing and was told that my SS was not on the schedule yet to be looked at, I questioned when they were gonna look at it and the dreaded response was "The Service Manager is off today and we have no idea" I asked why would they make an appointment for me to bring it in and than not have scheduled it to be repaired or even looked at? The Person on the phone said they are backed up and has no idea when they will get to it. " I than asked the guy on the phone " If you made a DR appointment for 3pm on Tuesday and you walk into the office and the receptionist says have a seat the DR will be with you in a few days?" that is unrealistic isn't it? I got a giggle in response. I will keep you posted of outcome.

'It's about the ride not the destination"

• I've dealt with two dealerships - Freedom Powersports in Rogers, AR and 5th Gear Cycle in Tulsa, OK.

5th Gear gave me a far better price on the Slingshot (3K less than FPS in Rogers), but have not been the best in the service department. For after sales service, Freedom Powersports has been far superior.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• Seems to be that most dealer are about taking care of us. I see a few of you have had bad experiences. For me here in Chicago its to early to say, I brought mine in for the first time (purchasing dealer) per the service manager on Tuesday night, grinding sound in rear end, I called Wednesday evening just before closing and was told that my SS was not on the schedule yet to be looked at, I questioned when they were gonna look at it and the dreaded response was "The Service Manager is off today and we have no idea" I asked why would they make an appointment for me to bring it in and than not have scheduled it to be repaired or even looked at? The Person on the phone said they are backed up and has no idea when they will get to it. " I than asked the guy on the phone " If you made a DR appointment for 3pm on Tuesday and you walk into the office and the receptionist says have a seat the DR will be with you in a few days?" that is unrealistic isn't it? I got a giggle in response. I will keep you posted of outcome.

I'd go pick that Sling up! Try changing the oil in the final drive to Royal Purple 75/140. Than might solve your problem.

:HEADERSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SILVERSS:My paint is fast, TURBO Silver!

• I do my own service and the angle drive has the royal purple 75/140. The issue just started Sunday this week. I put the sling up on stands and you hear it from the area where the bearings are located in swing arm when you rotate the rear wheel. I preformed all the basics, check belt tension,check rotor, cleaned belt, even checked for rotor run out with a make shift alignment tool. and all looked to be ok from my perspective but I am not by any means a mechanic.

'It's about the ride not the destination"

• I do my own service and the angle drive has the royal purple 75/140. The issue just started Sunday this week. I put the sling up on stands and you hear it from the area where the bearings are located in swing arm when you rotate the rear wheel. I preformed all the basics, check belt tension,check rotor, cleaned belt, even checked for rotor run out with a make shift alignment tool. and all looked to be ok from my perspective but I am not by any means a mechanic.

axle bearings. If you have the tools you could pull the axle and grease the bearings and you also might see what is wrong. With the tools it would take you about one hour to do this.

• Thank You and I will give till this afternoon and if no response I will go and Pick it up.

sounds like FunCycle called it, axle bearing. I've had mine replaced under warranty.

What I did was upon hearing it I drove to the dealer explained that I had a NEW noise that I believed was a wheel bearing going bad. They listened to it and agreed. I then continued to drive it until the parts arrived. They notified when parts came in and I went back for the service. Was there approximately two hours. :)

Just know that most dealers Don't stock parts and Polaris has to approve all warranty work . If they do check it today and find bad bearings you're probably gonna be waiting on parts. Don't like being the bearer of bad news but just being honest

• With the number of re-calls and the problems with angle drives, bearings, belts ect. I am asking you guys the consumer to rate the dealership and their service department. Was the dealership sympathetic to your concerns and desire to get your SS back on the road?

We were very happy with our original dealer in which we purchased our SlingShot, but unfortunately they have chosen to discontinue selling/servicing the SlingShot any more. We are currently working with a new unknown dealer to get our seat/camera recalls done as well as replacing the knock sensor, our appointment is tomorrow and they have been great so far in communicating and assuring us the parts have arrived and they are ready for us.

If I were to have a complaint about SlingShot dealers is that they are too few/too far in between, where our trip tomorrow will be approximately 4 hours each way.

Bill

• Went to the local dealer and gave them my vin number the other day since I purchased out of state. They said currently no recalls.

for others out there who want to check you can also enter your VIN here on this page thats a part of the Polaris site

Check your VIN for recalls

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have to give a shout out to Locomotion Powersports In N.J. , Sales & service Dept. (recalls have been handled in a timely fashion while you wait) has been nothing but outstanding in the 2 years ive been dealing with them & when I spoke of them to friends, they have purchased Slingshots from there also...…….

Mine did the same thing to me....that is the reason I won’t take it to them for a 1hour safety inspection.

I can go to other garages and get my appointment at the time it’s scheduled for.

But I will say this....if it’s a warranty issue ....they have to first diagnose the problem

Then they have to talk to polaris about it and verify it.

If Polaris says it’s OK to fix under warranty....

They might not have the part and have to wait for Polaris to ship the part/s

The dealer doesn’t have the garage space to have a bunch of vehicles laying around in pieces....

That’s why you have to drop it off....mine was there over a week before they even got it looked at....then it took several weeks to get it back...

One more issue they have ....there is a lack of qualified slingshot mechanics....since there technically haven’t been millions of them sold....the mechanics aren’t lining up to work on them.