RATE YOUR DEALERSHIP

• With the number of re-calls and the problems with angle drives, bearings, belts ect. I am asking you guys the consumer to rate the dealership and their service department. Was the dealership sympathetic to your concerns and desire to get your SS back on the road?

'It's about the ride not the destination"

• I've been to the closest two dealers to me, each is about an hour and 15 minutes one way. I won't recommend them for work to anyone. The dealer I bought mine from did most of the service work, and they screwed something up both times it was in there. Not to mention, no one gave me any advice on it when I bought it, including shutting the hood (it was loose at the windshield both sides on my first drive home). I had aftermarket lugs nuts completely trashed by using an impact, after I told them not to use an impact. The popped off my driver's arm panel to replace it from the star damage from the inside mount, and chipped a big hunk of paint off the deck at the rear. The first time I drove it after they returned it, the radio fell out. Told them I wanted a laser alignment, and they charged me $170 for that...... later I found out they didn't have the laser alignment. The second dealer I went to, took 1 hour and 45 minutes to check to see if the rubber plugs were in the swing arm (just a visual inspection, when the swing arm recall was done some of the swing arms didn't have the plugs in them). Of course, they took it around back, and put the hood up. Then didn't touch it for 1 hour, and 30 minutes. I could see it from the waiting area.

That said, I have a dealership I trust and like now. Clinton County Motorsports or CCM. They checked my seat on a Saturday morning, ran the VIN, and cleared all recalls in minutes. They treated me like I was a valued customer. They are 2 hours one way, but in the event that I need something done at the dealership that I can't do myself, it will go there. The two that own it work there on the floor, one in the parts area, one in the sales area. I've had little work done there, only the recall but they seem very concerned and genuine. From what I saw, I'd give them a solid 8 and since there's always room for improvement, no one gets a 10.

Neilson (I think is the name) in the Chicago area is supposed to be really good from what I hear from many that go there. Also there are a couple in Florida that are supposed to be top notch also.

• Crockett Powersports in Chattanooga did my last service. 10k checkup, oil change and fluids replacement. They also played catch up on all of the recalls. Made an appointment, drove down in the morning. In at 9:30 out by 11. Excellent service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• Smoky Mtn. Steel Horse, Waynesville, NC. Bought SS from them in 2016. They have done all the recalls and service work beyond regular oil/filter changes, u joint lube, and angle drive fluid change. Kenny and the crew there have been great so far. They are about an hours + - drive from me. Schedule early morning in and out pretty quickly.

• Smoky Mtn. Steel Horse, Waynesville, NC. Bought SS from them in 2016. They have done all the recalls and service work beyond regular oil/filter changes, u joint lube, and angle drive fluid change. Kenny and the crew there have been great so far. They are about an hour + - drive from me. Schedule early morning in and out pretty quickly.

• Sunsports in FT. Myers FL. Wouldn't take mine there for anything. I went in for the clutch sensor 2 weeks after purchase. They tried to hand me an invoice before they would take it back in the shop. After a little discussion and a 25min wait the girl informed me that yes it is under warranty but they are really busy so could I come back in a few weeks. I then drove straight to Destination Powersports in Punta Gorda FL and they scheduled me for the next day and did my 500 mile service. It is currently in for a small laundry list of warranty work and it hasn't been so bad yet so we'll see. I hope I don't have to edit this when I get it back. Sunsport-0, Destination-7+

• Sport Rider in Altoona, Wi. does my work. Scott Reilly is a great guy and goes to bat for you with Polaris. Tried his best but couldn't get them to cover the tires but did get them to cover the two side panels. I am happy with them.

• My dealer is Malcolm Smith in Riverside. Only been back there one time since buying my slingshot. They did all the recalls that were out there at the time and fixed the "catastrophic" brake failure (just kidding). had to order the parts so I had to leave it for a few days, extended warranty covered it and also paid for my rental car - - everything has worked perfectly since that time so I guess they did a good job, I would have liked it to take less time, but if they had to get parts I can really blame them.

As to rating them - I think they are pretty good, they seem to know what they are doing and they are courteous and responded well to all of my questions. As dealer service departments go I would have to say they are as good or better than any other I have dealt with over the years

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I feel I'm one of the fortunate ones. I have two dealers less than an hour away.

One big city dealer and the other bout as small town as it gets. Really didn't like the feel of the big city dealer but pitted them against each other for the best price. I went to the

Small town dealer first to get the best price they would quote. Not liking the price I walked. I then went to the big dealer, had a hard time even getting waited on and got

A price that was retail. Waited three days and went back to first dealer and said I'm

Going to buy a slingshot and told them what I was going to pay ( totally bogus claim)

Asked if they were going to be the one to sell it to me. Drove it home that day and knew I had made the right choice. It's been back several times since. Only once did it stay overnight and that was due to lack of parts. Most work has been done while I wait.

Most recently was to replace angle drive seals. Angle drive was on the bench in less than one hour of my arrival. They have done most of my service with me watching up close.

Heck I've even helped. You gotta love a dealer like that! Chad is one of the owners and also a decent wrench. Darrell is also good wrench and does most of the sling work.

I'm sure some of you know what dealer I use but for those that don't know it's

THE TOY STORE in thornville,Ohio. I'd givem a 9 and that's my top rating.

I believe this is my longest post ever, hope you made it to the end :)

Just one more thing ,I've heard others have had to pay a deductible on extended warranty

I've not had to pay (YET)

• frankly I like it best when I dont feel like I have enough actual experience to rate a dealer - it means I haven't had to go back

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies