11. 4 - 3 (0) 0%
    12. 3 - 3 (0) 0%
    13. 2 - 3 (0) 0%
    14. 1 - 3 (0) 0%
    15. 4 - 4 (0) 0%
    16. 3 - 4 (0) 0%
    17. 1 - 4 (0) 0%
    18. 1 - 2 (0) 0%

I recently installed a Digital Guard Dawg Keyless Ignition Kit and love it. Short story, it has a bypass code and if you don't know about it, you need to change it.

Long story : In discussions about the old key and the cover for it, someone mentioned that you didn't need to keep the old key or use their optional harness to keep the key as well, since the Ignition kit has an Emergency Bypass Code to energize the unit and start the SS without having the fob.

I was told that it was on page 16 of my manual. Looking at my manual, and the one they have for download, I don't have a page 16, goes up to 9...

Looking at all of their manuals for download, none go up to 16.

So, I asked my fellow forum members to send me a copy and SlingLow sent me his, showing his default code along with how to use it and how to change it.

UMRQw4Q.jpg

This turned out to be my default code as well, I was able to energize the car for starting, as well as change my code.

So, check your manual, change your code. I suspect that there are only a few default codes shipped (1 - 9 only, two digits, 81 combinations, and higher code numbers are probably not used for default, my guess on this)

• OK, I voted since mine is out there for all to see - and it doesn't work on mine. One additional thought is that you will still need your key to lock and unlock the storage and glove box so it's not entirely 'keyless'.

And my guess is that one (1) is not used since it's a single throw of the switch which is not 'code-like'.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• While I think it could be smaller, it's not as big as my Nissan fob, my Ford truck key or the Polaris default key.

aiys8Vu.jpg?1

Oh that's not bad at all. I saw that frisby sized looking pic online and just thought man I wouldn't want that in my pocket. I'll have to look into this.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• My older fob is a lot smaller - just about the size of a half-dollar (remember those?). It was already installed in my 2016.5 when I bought it in Jan 2018 so I don't know how old it is. I will have to try to emergency code later. I just keep my key in the glovebox for storage area access.

And I have found that the range of the fob is probably about 25-30 ft, not the 5 ft they claim. I was able to start the SS without the fob one time - fob hanging in house near front door on key rack, SS in garage, about 30 ft in straight line, but also through a house external wall. Otherwise, it just stays in my pocket when driving.

• We've had 3 people answer the poll, so we know there are at least 2 number combinations they ship with.

I was out in the shop working last night and didn't have my keys on me, was feeling lazy about walking into the house to get them and used my code, fired right up.

Did anyone do the optional accessory switch? I've been thinking about doing that, with all of my radio and accessory work, it would be handy. With the key, I used it quite a bit, but I didn't connect the DD wires up for it. I think because I was out of switches in the stock stuff, but Mytoy's head unit mount will have 5 more switches, can use one of them.

• I have the accessory switch but have not installed it yet. I bought mine from Slingmods specifically because it included this switch - in their description. When I received it, the switch was not included. Of course when I contacted them their rep told me the description was not written correctly and that it is an add on, then sent me the switch without charge. Another happy customer!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I tried it on mine but didn't find a code either. I tried all the 1-#, 2-#, & 3-# combos but never got it to work. I was also thinking about the timing of how fast you switch the button on-off. I even put a stop watch up on my phone on the dash to make sure I was getting the 6 seconds between the sets too.

Of course, now that SS is gone and I'm gonna have to buy another DGD.

• I ordered my kit yesterday and I can't wait to do this mod. The only reason I didn't pull the trigger on this a while ago was because of this hockey puck fob they used to have. Glad I saw your pics of the newer style, that made me want to buy it again.

• wokka and SlingSC I am wondering if there is a particular speed you used when switching the ignition to activate the bypass. I have tried fast, slow and in between without success.

SlingLow

I was just moving the off/on switch back and forth at a so called normal speed (not to slow or to fast), but I did use my phone to time the 6 seconds between the second set of code numbers. Hope this helps. I did change my code, got the headlight blink for successfully code change. Tried new code and it worked the first time 😃

:SUNSETSS:

• I've used mine twice today, again, too lazy to go pick up the keys, LOL. I'm getting good enough that I don't have to time it with the phone, just count in my head (yes, I move my lips when counting...)

I may just stop carrying keys.

Lots of movies/tv shows have had cars with a hidden switch, may put me a master on/off switch somewhere hidden where I can flip it without people noticing, that's for another day.