2016.5 stock radio work in a 2017 base?

• Was the base model set up with the wiring?

Not exactly sure yet. I figured the stock radio would fit, but was not sure about it having all the wiring. My initial instincts are that they do not have any wiring done for it, hence the base model.

I picked up the radio and back up camera from a 2016.5 SL from chavey2 and he let me know that the base model has the wiring already. Still need to dig into it and find out for sure.

• Not exactly sure yet. I figured the stock radio would fit, but was not sure about it having all the wiring. My initial instincts are that they do not have any wiring done for it, hence the base model.

I picked up the radio and back up camera from a 2016.5 SL from chavey2 and he let me know that the base model has the wiring already. Still need to dig into it and find out for sure.

Probably cheaper and easier for Polaris to put the basic wiring in all of them.

• Yep, wiring is there. May have to dig a little to find them. Some people have even found them between the frame and the plastic panel stuck in wrong from the factory. Big 32 pin computer style connector and then 2 small square connectors that go to the back of the screen. The connector for the camera is a little small white 2 wire connector - just the female version of the connector on the camera itself. It's under the rear fin but you may have to unbolt the back of the deck to get your hand in there to find it. Search here for pictures.

• Found some pics on the other site. Yes, I am plagiarizing other people's info and photos.

Here's the harness diagram. #12 is the harness. You can see the far ends on both left and right are the speaker connectors and they are tucked up underneath the dash on each side of the frame about where your knee would be.

And here's a picture of that harness. The red circle is that 32 pin connector that goes to the black box (in this pic, they took off the grey cover, but it's there). The blue circle is one of the 2 connectors that goes to the back of the screen. There's another one (blue or green or teal, if I remember correctly) just like it somewhere there too. I don't remember which plug goes to which port - google for a pic of it - but I do remember one is on the AB side and the other is on the CD side- not together. The yellow highlight is the speaker connectors your find on the outside frame near you knees.

If you want an detail of all the wiring, search the other site for "SL Hidden Speak Wires".

• Yep, wiring is there. May have to dig a little to find them. Some people have even found them between the frame and the plastic panel stuck in wrong from the factory. Big 32 pin computer style connector and then 2 small square connectors that go to the back of the screen. The connector for the camera is a little small white 2 wire connector - just the female version of the connector on the camera itself. It's under the rear fin but you may have to unbolt the back of the deck to get your hand in there to find it. Search here for pictures.

Yeah, I'm the one who found my radio wiring stuck between the frame next to the transmission and the tunnel cover. Could only see it from below.

• You're awesome chavey2

I did some searching yesterday after I finished installing the new steering wheel and can confirm the wiring is there.

Side note... I was not a fan of the NRG steering wheel because of the stitching and the upclose details and Assault hub adapter, so called slingmods and ordered a new NRG flat bottom carbon fiber steering wheel and the NRG hub and spacer to fill the gap