SlingShot not good in the rain

• Pulling out at the light by the time I reached 45mph I came across a puddle and hydro planed. Thanking God I was able to maintain control by turning the steering wheel the opposite way. Folks please be careful when driving in the rain especially at night when you can't see the puddles.

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• The few times i lost traction the nanny corrected it before i could even react, I haven't Hydro-Planed With the S/S so far....But i am always aware that it can jump up and bite me....Had that with other vehicles in the past...All part of the fun of driving in the rain.....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Light weight, wide tires, rain-slicked pavement. What could possibly go wrong? I don't go out with the Slingshot if I know the roads are wet or will get wet. If caught in rain, I try to slow down as much as safely possible, given other traffic, and I've still had several hydroplaning experiences, but only one where I actually left my lane and started to get sideways in the neighboring lane. Better to just pull over if I can find an overpass or an accommodating gas station.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Keep in mind that there are lots of folks that do long trips in the Sling and inevitably have to deal with rain. The plus for most on long trips is that they are loaded and generally more apt to check tire pressures beforehand. I've not had a hydroplane situation (yet), but every time I ride in the rain the pucker factor increases and it detracts from the joy of riding out the waves of water from 18 wheelers.

• Not just water or gravel/sand/dirt. My big fear with all the night driving I do is encountering some dirt/sand/gravel as I come around a turn. One time, driving back home from my dealer about 110 miles away, I was crossing a bridge when the Slingshot's rear suddenly felt like it was trying to jump to the left. Turned around to check the road, but everything was bone dry. Still haven't figured out what happened.

• Not just water or gravel/sand/dirt. My big fear with all the night driving I do is encountering some dirt/sand/gravel as I come around a turn. One time, driving back home from my dealer about 110 miles away, I was crossing a bridge when the Slingshot's rear suddenly felt like it was trying to jump to the left. Turned around to check the road, but everything was bone dry. Still haven't figured out what happened.

Night driving is different here...

Sometimes you drive over the deer, sometimes the deer go over the top.

Armadillos are the worst. They will jump up and then you get smacked in the face!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

I have found this to happen with just about anything that laying in the road. The worst to me is gravel that you cannot hardly see. One handful is all it takes.

• My truck is an automatic, I kept trying to step on the clutch that wasn't there, good times!

my daily driver 3/4 truck was a standard that I drove for 15 yrs. when I got the new truck I got an automatic and still a yr later I find myself going for the clutch at lights

• Driving anytime of the day or night out here you have to watch out for the Woods Rats, [Deer] In the 48+ years iv'e lived out here i hit or had some hit me at least 10 times, And i can't even count how many near misses i've had.....Many a time i would slow down while they crossed in front , And then some Nimrod coming the other way even after i flashed my lights never even slowed down and smacked right into them.......

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Driving anytime of the day or night out here you have to watch out for the Woods Rats, [Deer] In the 48+ years iv'e lived out here i hit or had some hit me at least 10 times, And i can't even count how many near misses i've had.....Many a time i would slow down while they crossed in front , And then some Nimrod coming the other way even after i flashed my lights never even slowed down and smacked right into them.......

L earned a # of years ago that deer collisions were the #1 cause of ascendants in Jersey.