Cracked spoke on rim

• Went to pull my Slingshot out today and doing a walk around spotted that a spoke on the right front rim is broken/cracked. Has never hit anything, no rim rash, look new except that spoke is cracked all the way through. I remember this being an issue which is why they changed the rims in 2016, but since the main and extended warranty has lapsed, anyone know if Polaris will take care of this or at least cover part or most of it? Last thing I wanted to do was spend money buying new rims when I have it for sale, but can't sell it like this.

Called the dealer who didn't have an answer but willing to open a case on it so have to bring the rim in to them.

• Just what we need to be worrying about now. I know my roads here are crappy (potholes and missing sections of asphalt) and the wheels are getting pounded on every ride.

No need to go all chicken little ..... again ......

This is an old issue where there was a small number of first year forged wheels that had not met inspection specifications made it in to the wild.... they changed them due to bad press from a small number of failures and went with cheaper cast wheels .... Polaris continued to sell these wheels as a "premium upgrade" and still lists them to this day ...

https://www.genuinepolarispart…duct/48883/premium-wheels

SlingJockey having delt with Polaris (I had my entire original sent replaced with verified inspected units just because) I would venture that the small rub mark on the previous spoke might get you a no-go on replacement but it never hurts to ask. I am sure there are plenty of these wheels sitting in peoples garages after they went aftermarket or overacted to the original concern (especially when the aftermarket wheel vendors put a scare in everyone) Maybe with as long as you have been in the game one of them can help you out with a replacement ....

..... wink-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Yeah, still in the Twin Cities metro area. Definitely an old issue, thought I was immune at this point. That one spot is actually some dirty adhesive residue from a sticker that was on the rim. Rim has zero impact marks on it. I believe this is just the standard fatigue crap design/casting. Calling around trying to find one locally. New one from Polaris is obsurd. Hope I find one soon, have a buyer for the Sling of course and then this happens.

• Without any way of knowing (serial numbers or identifying marks) if you have the defective wheels or not.....it is chicken little....wondering if Polaris will replace them...it’s chicken little.

Without any way to carry a spare tire and your defective wheel just broke 100 Miles from home...it’s chicken little.. will Polaris pay for the tow job?

Since I’m the proud owner of 2 sets of 2015 wheels without knowing if they aren’t defective ...it’s chicken little.

Were the bad ones taken off the market? If they’re still being sold.....it’s chicken shit....

• SlingJockey good to hear from you again and glad you were able to find a replacement.

Good old OG issues for sure. Next we are going to hear about the excessively loud angle drive again.. :P

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Ruptured Duck, yeah, that damned thing is loud, any way to quieten it down? ;(

SlingJockey good to hear from you again and glad you were able to find a replacement.

Good old OG issues for sure. Next we are going to hear about the excessively loud angle drive again.. :P

Funny thing you both say that, last night I was reviewing video of my rear facing camera and you CAN'T even hear anything from the Welter dual, all you hear is angle drive......... my slingshot sounds like an electric weed whacker.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Funny thing you both say that, last night I was reviewing video of my rear facing camera and you CAN'T even hear anything from the Welter dual, all you hear is angle drive......... my slingshot sounds like an electric weed whacker.

Hell that's not the angle drive, it's the wheel bearings. Wash your belt and noise will go away. :saint: