This is just wrong

• I was just informed by a Supporter of V.O.S (Veteran Owned Slingshots) That when V.O.S attempted to Fly Their Banner with the name of their sponsor on it at the KerrIville Rally, V.O.S was instructed to take it down because IVOR and the sponsor of V.O.S do not get along. The sponsor donates money to the Veterans, Has a brother who serves in the Military and is a huge supporter of the U.S Military, and last time I checked that is where we all live. I was also informed that due to the amount of vendor that will attend Maggie Valley that V.O.S was not welcome cause there would not be space for them per IVOR. I do not know all of you on here but I am a RED BLOODED AMERICAN who takes pride in the Military and those who serve and have Served and for somebody to cast the Veterans of this great nation aside for what ever reason is not acceptable.

'It's about the ride not the destination"

• have you had a chance to speak with ivor about this.

I'm reluctant to hop in on this and speak, but typically, there are 2 sides to what happened.

We do owe a lot to veterens and should all be thankful for their past and ongoing services whether you agree with the government or not. Soldiers have a job to do and HAVE to listen to commands that are passed down.

Interesting to see how this is resolved.

Where is Bill Martin ??? Haha

• I am with Mateo in wanting to find out the whole story before jumping on the band wagon. I served in 5 combat zones and served 24 years in the US Army, retired 3 years ago. I fully support all military. But would like to know the back story too.

While I understand the sentiment and support the base complaint .... knowing Ivor I would be fairly confident in pointing out the first sentence of the original post ..... it was stated Ivor has a problem with the groups sponsor and their name appearing on the flag at an event he is putting on.... not with the organization or Veterans as a whole ....

It would be helpful to know who this sponsor is, it may shed light on the actual concern rather than a blanket claim that this was a result of Ivor being anti Veteran ... I don't know for a fact what his stance actually is but have seen nothing that would lead me to beleive this is true ...

If the sponsor is a competitor or someone not welcome at events run by Ivor it would completely change the tone of the complaint ...

.....nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

As much as I support and commend your cause (thank you) you hung a banner for a vendor that was not approved and a direct competitor of the event owner ..

From this you apparently knew this action would be a problem ..

But you made the choice to do it anyway.

So now you choose not to attend any more SR events. Sad that has to happen but the choice was and is yours. I would hope your cause is important enough to you to reconsider attending and not hanging the vendor banner.

After gaining the full story painting Ivor as anti-Veteran is IMO disingenuous.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Is Lite Your Slings unwilling to sponsor this veterans group without the banner being displayed? Seems like the conflict is with the sponsor and not the Veterans group.

I am a veteran as well, but my interest in this hobby and it’s events is to meet other SS owners, not other veterans. We have a local legion for that. No offense to anyone, but this seems to be a political issue and mixing politics with Slingshots is an Oxymoron...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I do not want to get in the middle of this but I am organizing some events for shingshotinfo.com

Our next event is scheduled for September and if they supply us with a banner we will proudly display it at every event. I also work with a group called Colors for Combat that works with Veterans. I have there logo on my trailer. If you send me the art I will also display your logo as well. All I need is the artwork I can cover the cost of cutting the vinyl.

We should get the 2 groups together

PM me if you have interest

Thanks for your service!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• just remove the vendor and keep doing what you're doing which is awesome...

If you don't want/or feel the need to pay for a tent spot at a rally/event, why have a sponsor?

Did the lite your sling sponsor pay the V.O.S. group for anything?

If anything Lite your Slingz should pay for the spot to set up your booth.

If they aren't contributing in any way i.e. making donations, etc., i don't feel a reason as to why they should be on a banner for V.O.S.

I could be missing something though

• I am with Orangeman on this. While I believe we should support out Vets in anyway possible - ivor has the right to not allow free advertisement for a vendor at his events. If he were to allow vendors to be advertised along with every worthy cause - cancer, heart disease, pediatric surgery, on and on would be detrimental to the paying vendors via lost sales. I know Ivor pretty well and believe he would support Vets any way he could - just not the vendor supporting them for free.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it