Adventures in oil changing.

• This quick drain from Fumoto (referenced above) makes oil changes a breeze.

Fumoto F107SX quick drain and ADP-107SX extension

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2018 Slingshot SL

Sunset Red

Reading, PA 19606

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Bought the same setup W3JNP, looks good!

Like the way it allows you to position valve where you choose. Trade off... smaller diameter, longer to drain oil, wasn't a big deal for me. Will install this puppy next oil change which should be one day next week.

Staphory you may want to look into one of these, less than $5 bucks a stitch on Amazon. ;):) Enjoyed reading your post... thanks for sharing! :D

Oh and I want gooseman garage.... nice!

• Wow, I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who bleeds all over the engine as I work on it.

I even used a fancy new ceramic bladed pocket knife to cut off a zip tie and the tip of my index finger at the same time. My wife likes the red accents on the SS, so I have that going for me.

• I know nobody will believe this....but I did my first oil change by reaching down by standing inside the front wheel well. I could see the plug and reach it from above, not climbing under.....it was very easy...

I did change over to the FUMOTO valve so I don’t know if I’ll still be able to do it from above....I was under it to install the FUMOTO valve.

Ditto!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Wow, I am glad to hear that I am not the only one who bleeds all over the engine as I work on it.

I even used a fancy new ceramic bladed pocket knife to cut off a zip tie and the tip of my index finger at the same time. My wife likes the red accents on the SS, so I have that going for me.

Yep, sounds familiar.

The difference would be...

Accent to engine, floors, walls...

spaz dance fifteen feet from where I was...

ceramic knife would have broken...

wife bird dogging me about my language...

zippy tie still intact. X(

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Interesting to see what can happen in cramped spaces.. Hope you heal well.

Always wondered how the Fumoto would work on the SS..

Let the dealer do my first as wanted it recorded in Polaris's data files.

I still have another several thousand to go before my next change and I may as well have an interesting event however hope not. Thanks for posting a reminder that we need to be careful whenever we work on machines even if we have done it many times.

• Lol.

Thanks for the replies all. I did, in fact, share to remind others to not rush into anything without considering what could go wrong. That’s the Operational Risk Management (ORM) that the Air Force was trying to drum into my head before I retired. I guess I failed. =O

Anyway, I’ve ordered the Fumoto valve and adapter and will have that handy for next time.

Wish I had the lift that gooseman has!

Be careful out there folks!

:thumbsup:

• I installed a fumoto last oil change and its finally getting to where I will be able to test it out soon. I got the f107n with the longer nipple and I plan on get putting a short length of tubing on it so I can direct the used oil into a container without having to worry about any splashing or dripps

i-pvwrRhp-X2.jpg

this was taken last oil change - oh and dont let the picture fool you, the pipe off the end is actually higher up than the nipple and not in the way at all

i-fw5CMNN-X2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I'm a little partial to longer nipples but that one looks like it's blocked.

like I said in the post above it is actually below the pipe - not blocked at all

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have the F107N and when I first installed it, the valve was oriented in a vertical position. After replacing my oil pan with one modified to accommodate the turbo oil return drain line, when I reinstalled the F107N, the valve was upside down. The upside down position now bugs me, so I'm thinking about replacing it with the F107SX since the valve can be easily adjusted. Just have to figure out if it's worth the cost to replace a functional unit.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I have the F107N and when I first installed it, the valve was oriented in a vertical position. After replacing my oil pan with one modified to accommodate the turbo oil return drain line, when I reinstalled the F107N, the valve was upside down. The upside down position now bugs me, so I'm thinking about replacing it with the F107SX since the valve can be easily adjusted. Just have to figure out if it's worth the cost to replace a functional unit.

That's why I went with the F107SX, I knew with my luck it would end up in any position except the one I wanted. :cursing: