Web article speculates on new Slingshot in 2021

There is one of 2020 Polaris Slingshot rumors that is probably unpleasant for fans of this vehicle, though. People speculate that 2020 model will be the last release of this motorcycle series. It seems that the manufacturer will release another similar series with better concept.

Better concept?

Bill

• The base price will jump by $2000....what’s causing that?

Glad to see they will still use the 2.4...

It's called inflation and it's been happening for some time now. Like when gas used to be 34.9 cents a gallon and now it's $3.349. Use you Google for other examples.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I heard from my Uncles sister who's son works for a screw manufacture who sells screws to a guy who owns a Slingshot, That in 2021 they will have the EPA Reclassify them as an Ultra Slow Moving Vehicle so they can add a fourth wheel and still be street legal......:thumbsup:

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• I heard from my Uncles sister who's son works for a screw manufacture who sells screws to a guy who owns a Slingshot, That in 2021 they will have the EPA Reclassify them as an Ultra Slow Moving Vehicle so they can add a fourth wheel and still be street legal......:thumbsup:

That was only the slow red ones....

• It doesn't happen all at once. But it's happening...

Doing the math, that means in 40 years a new Slingshot will be $192,000!

That is a steal at that price. Might get two so the misses can have her own. Going to my dealer now to stock up on the cheap ones. Can get maybe 20 or 22 in my shop. Store them until the new ones go up and sell them at a high profit. Anybody want get get in on this deal?

LC

• 2021 would be typical update - rework in the automotive industry. If true and Polaris is committed to continuing the experiment than they will change the things they feel my have limited it sales. Its possible to expand the range and offer a newer upscale version that caters to those that want AC, Auto, More inclosure and such.

The current model could continue on as the entry level model. Lower sales but all tooling has been paid for and margins would be better with fewer sold. Grow the SlingShot brand. Double down rather than walk away. Will be interesting to see what happens regardless.

Who really knows. I can tell you they will try very hard to address upfitting these to capture even more margins. Jeep has really hit the new Wrangler hard with OE accessories that can be sold at the dealer. Basically taking all the ideas the aftermarket has worked out over the years and offer them at the time of purchase for far more money. When rolled into the loan people as suckers. Ford will be doing the same with the new Bronco that will be coming out.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• It's called inflation and it's been happening for some time now. Like when gas used to be 34.9 cents a gallon and now it's $3.349. Use you Google for other examples.

When gas was 35 cents a gal i was making 3 hundred a week.....Now that gas is 3.50 a gal, I get more then 3 hundred a week in food stamps alone....Everything is relative....:)

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• Did find this quote from the Polaris CEO... This was comments made about 1st Quarter reports.

Will be interesting to see what the fix will be. ( See my earlier comments).

"CEO Scott Wine did say Polaris has figured out what's wrong with Slingshot and is addressing it. It's not expecting the trike to return to profitable growth this year, though he's confident it will eventually."

Does tell you there is commitment to see where the experiment can be taken.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Unfortunately, Polaris also abandoned the Victory market, which I believe was doing well, in favor of the Indian, about which I have seen some negative posts. Makes me wonder about commitment. Of course, Polaris had time to write down/ear back development costs for Victory, but I don't know if the same applies to the Slingshot. I guess time will tell.

• Thanks for posting that. I find this quote very interesting :

Well, on the Slingshot side, I will say we have not put our best foot forward with that product yet. I'm really confident that the plans we have in place are going to give us -- give that business the best chance of success. Until we've done that, you can't really consider it. My requirement is, we've got every return on investment capital metric you could want as we look at our businesses going forward. My simple one is, is there a future of profitable growth or not? And I will tell you, as I look at where we are with Slingshot and what we're bringing to market for Slingshot, not necessarily this year but over the next couple of years, I'm very comfortable that there is a future of profitable growth for that business. If that proves not to be true, we will reconsider our investment. But right now, we are comfortable that there's a strong future of profitable growth there over time.

Seems they aren't giving up just yet (as we suspected) and hinting at new things to come (my guess is not just minor changes as we've seen over the years).