SlingShot flags - are they still wanted?

• Product idea input needed.

1. Is there still interest in SlingShot flags?

2. Would 12" x 18" be large enough?

3. Would the ability to offer custom flags be of interest? AKA club colors.

We would be able to supply team flags, military flags, and most all popular flag options available.

The design would allow adding flags as desired to the mounting system. The mounting system requires no drilling or attaching of hardware. When not in use the sling is back to stock.

Retail for single flag and mount would be around $50-$60. For two flags $100-$120.

Flags are designed for high wind loads and long life use. UV treated for long exposure to the environment. Proven design.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I would be very interested. I currently have a 6X9 U.S. Flag that in on the mount slingmods sells that attaches to the hump and fly's right behind my passenger roll hoop. I like it, but it is in an awkward location for using my MeanSling hoop bags. Long term I am concerned it could be a problem

I would like to see what kind of mount you have in mind and and yes 12x18 would be nice

as you can see this has the potential to cause problems with the MeanSling bags

i-Mv5HdD9-X3.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• From my very limited experience, I would say 12x18 would be max for cruising speeds and smaller might be better. I made a set for a Patriot Guard rider to carry 2' x 5' flags in funeral processions and he has reported that there is a lot of force on them at speed. They attach to my luggage racks which are 1/4" steel and he was getting some flex in the racks at just moderate speeds.

I think there is a lot of interest in carrying flags, especially custom ones. I believe your price point is excellent and, assuming you maintain the MeanSling quality standards, will sell.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Because of limited "good" spots and how the bags mount it will be difficult. The flag design would allow you to easily put on and off when needing to use your bags.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Because of limited "good" spots and how the bags mount it will be difficult. The flag design would allow you to easily put on and off when needing to use your bags.

so long as it can be easily gotten out of the way when I need the bags thats all that matters. I look forward to seeing what you have in mind

• Also want to add that I think a 12x18 flag would be a great size, but I would like it even more if it didnt fade, my little US flag has faded badly and it has only been on there less than 7 months. Considering the fact that flags are intended to be outdoors I expect better

• Also want to add that I think a 12x18 flag would be a great size, but I would like it even more if it didnt fade, my little US flag has faded badly and it has only been on there less than 7 months. Considering the fact that flags are intended to be outdoors I expect better

these are a proven design and have been engineered for worse environments than ours... :thumbsup:

(Slingshot Owners Group)