Polaris Comfort stitch seats? Questions for someone who has them?

• Trying to decide on seats this week. I’ve looked at these as first choice! However, I just bought and installed a set of 18 SL OEM seats, and the lumbar support is killing my lower back! I’ve read other post where the lumbar was too much on bad backs! Does the Comfort stitch seats have the same amount of lumbar as OEM 17 up seats? Not wanting to have a custom set built, but can’t stand the push on lower back! Was hoping to sit in them before ordering, but haven’t seen any around!

Day’s are long, and year’s are short. Enjoy the long days:)

• Trying to decide on seats this week. I’ve looked at these as first choice! However, I just bought and installed a set of 18 SL OEM seats, and the lumbar support is killing my lower back! I’ve read other post where the lumbar was too much on bad backs! Does the Comfort stitch seats have the same amount of lumbar as OEM 17 up seats? Not wanting to have a custom set built, but can’t stand the push on lower back! Was hoping to sit in them before ordering, but haven’t seen any around!

That is the one reason that I stay with the stock 2015 seats, for me they are comfortable and I do not want to waste money trying something else and they not be as good

• That is the one reason that I stay with the stock 2015 seats, for me they are comfortable and I do not want to waste money trying something else and they not be as good

Melloreel --- FunCycle has 79,000 miles in the OEM seats and I have 74,000 miles in my 2015/2016 seats. I do use a sheep skin --- had it for my Wing.

• So far the stock seats are winning the race? Not a fan of new style, and at $850 for comfort stitch without riding in them, I’m not sure about that🤔 May just rebuild stock 18s and put the money in a top!

• my 2019 SLR velocity seats are wonderful. Bolsters are 'just right', lumbar support is firm and comfortable, 6 hours in the slingshot yesterday with no discomfort.

I will be doing a 9-hour trip to San Antonio in May, and I expect no worries.

I've sat in the quilted comfort seats... not sure they wouldn't be a bit too soft for a long trip, but they would be great for around town.

I have a pair of black SLR velocity seats with red stitching I would be willing to sell very reasonably if you are interested. Switched them out for red/black SLR seats. Dealer didn't have the red ones when I picked up Ruby, so had these for about 2 months while others were on back order.

PM me if you are interested.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• That is the one reason that I stay with the stock 2015 seats, for me they are comfortable and I do not want to waste money trying something else and they not be as good

I believe that we have sat in all of the "stock" seats as they have been introduced in which our original 2015 seats appear to be just as/more comfortable plus there seems to be some doubt of how waterproof the later model of seats are, (especially the "stitched" ones?) We've considered aftermarket seats, but the detracting features are their expense, and they just do not fit the lines of the SlingShot, definitely looking add-on!

Bill

• So far the stock seats are winning the race? Not a fan of new style, and at $850 for comfort stitch without riding in them, I’m not sure about that🤔 May just rebuild stock 18s and put the money in a top!

Definitely sit in some other people's SS and try out different seats. My base 19 seats are decently comfortable and after sitting in a few other SS at an event, I've found out that they are superior to a lot of the older seats from the 15-16 years, even after market ones.

They are too expensive to just buy and hope they are good.

In mean time, I'd suggest an inexpensive seat cover to help out until you find the seat for you.

• message sent.

• Definitely sit in some other people's SS and try out different seats. My base 19 seats are decently comfortable and after sitting in a few other SS at an event, I've found out that they are superior to a lot of the older seats from the 15-16 years, even after market ones.

They are too expensive to just buy and hope they are good.

In mean time, I'd suggest an inexpensive seat cover to help out until you find the seat for you.

I agree! Been looking for seat pads at Walmart, amazon etc.... wish I could make Maggie, as I’m sure there are plenty of seats there I could try! So the search continue😪

The Comfort seats feel good and sit a bit higher that the 2015. We put the comfort seats in @Summer Breeze's Sling but he has not put any long rides with them yet. Also the 2015 stock seats were not comfortable to him and he drives a Walmart 18 wheeler during the week.

• The Comfort seats feel good and sit a bit higher that the 2015. We put the comfort seats in @Summer Breeze's Sling but he has not put any long rides with them yet. Also the 2015 stock seats were not comfortable to him and he drives a Walmart 18 wheeler during the week.

I think the seat issue is going to be very subjective, in that I know everyone is different! My issue is after 7 back surgeries, it’s tough enough to ride any length of time, but I’m sure there is a way to make the seats comfortable enough that I can get some flying time without hurting as bad! Heck, I had 5 seats for my Harley😳😂

• I think the seat issue is going to be very subjective, in that I know everyone is different! My issue is after 7 back surgeries, it’s tough enough to ride any length of time, but I’m sure there is a way to make the seats comfortable enough that I can get some flying time without hurting as bad! Heck, I had 5 seats for my Harley😳😂

One back surgery, fused two disc 3-4 and 4-5 lower. I have a Mustang seat with a backrest on the Harley and have done 400 miles with that in one day with no problem

• I’ve got PRP seats in my ‘15. Very comfortable for both my wife and I. We’ve done several hard all day rides in them without major issues.

Wish you could make either MV or Huntsville. Be glad to let you test ‘em.

John
    '15 Nuc 'em 'til they glow orange
    '15 Ram 2500
    '16 Denali 289 RK
    '17 Mazda 3 HB

:ORANGESS:

SOG supporter

• [quote='pricejh61','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/7656-polaris-comfort-stitch-seats-questions-for-someone-who-has-them/&postID=266562#post266562']

I’ve got PRP seats in my ‘15. Very comfortable for both my wife and I. We’ve done several hard all day rides in them without major issues.

Wish you could make either MV or Huntsville. Be glad to let you test ‘em.

[/quote]

Thank you Sir for the offer to plop down in your seats😂 I rode Harley’s all my life, now I’m just really starting with the Slingshot! Wanted to buy a trailer, so I could make The rallies etc.... but not sure my ole back is going to cooperate☹️ I’ve still got tons of Harley stuff I need to sell, so I can put that money into my new toy👍😀 I might not be able to go far, but I still have a few miles left I hope!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• wjfyfe , no seats with stitching will be completely waterproof unless the seems are sealed. It's usually noticeable when someone has used a sealer on the stitching. They are water resistant.

BTW, if anyone is interested, my wife is removing her almost new quilted seats and installing Velocity seats. Paid $850 from Polaris. Make reasonable offer and I can deliver to Maggie Valley.

• wjfyfe , no seats with stitching will be completely waterproof unless the seems are sealed. It's usually noticeable when someone has used a sealer on the stitching. They are water resistant.

These are my thoughts also, but I really do like their looks. We do a fair amount of riding in the rain so the followup questions would be if they do get water soaked, will getting that wet harm them? Is just keeping them in a dry place enough to dry them completely and how long would that take?

Bill