May 5,2019 Chicken Run to Babes in DFW

• We are planning a run to DFW to get some of the best fried chicken in Texas at Babes. Arlington location is what we are looking at.

We have reached out to the DFW group for a meet up and any other ideas they may have up there.

This is in the planning stage but we are going if the weather is good, I won't do it in the rain. We can meet up at Austin Park and Pizza for the Austin group then Buc-ees in Temple for the others. I am waiting for some ideas of other things to see in DFW or a short run up there.

The point is we are ready to hit the road and it's been to long since we ate at Babes.

Give me your thoughts.

James

• Sounds good. Maybe find somewhere other than AP&P - parking lot is in back and hard to get to. Same general area just a little north at the I-35/45 Toll crossing is a Target, you know, next to Rick's Caberet. Could meet there too.

But put together a time and place schedule and we'll meet.

• Sounds good. Maybe find somewhere other than AP&P - parking lot is in back and hard to get to. Same general area just a little north at the I-35/45 Toll crossing is a Target, you know, next to Rick's Caberet. Could meet there too.

Now all we need is the weather to cooperate. We picked AP&P because of the I35 entry ramp right their. Looked at the Target and we have 3 lights to go through to get on I 35. But this is no big deal.

We can start out anyplace. I want to stop at Bucees in Temple to pick up that group and do a pit stop. I am looking at a rest stop in Abbot on the interstate then its on to Arlington. That Babes has the most parking and is easy to get too.

We are still waiting for word from the DFW group on other rides/meet ups.

More to come

James

• Looked at the Target and we have 3 lights to go through to get on I 35. But this is no big deal.

We can start out anyplace. I want to stop at Bucees in Temple to pick up that group and do a pit stop.

James

Luckily, the first 2 lights are timed together. Then the last light just get's you to the overpass to get on the freeway.

If there's not a big group from Austin, I could just meet you at Buc-cees too. Haven't been up there in a couple months - how's the I-35 construction in that area?

And weather would be the big issue. I looked at the forecast this AM and it shows rain every day for the next 2 weeks.

Now all we need is the weather to cooperate. We picked AP&P because of the I35 entry ramp right their. Looked at the Target and we have 3 lights to go through to get on I 35. But this is no big deal.

We can start out anyplace. I want to stop at Bucees in Temple to pick up that group and do a pit stop. I am looking at a rest stop in Abbot on the interstate then its on to Arlington. That Babes has the most parking and is easy to get too.

More to come

James

More to come

James

More to come

James

More to come

James

More to come

James

I finally got this thing to work!

weather is supposed to be good.

Sunday we meet up at Austin Park and Pizza (16231 N. IH35 Pflugerville) at 7:30 AM. We depart there at 8 AM.

We take I35 to Buc-ees' in Temple (4155 N. Gen. Bruce Drive) . Arrive at 9:00 AM. Meet up with the VOS/Central TX group and depart at 9:30 AM for Babes' in Arlington at 11;30 (230 N. Center St., Arlington, TX .)

We are still trying to reach the DFW group for a meet-up. I will post that as soon as we hear anything.