PNW get-together?

• wjfyfe

Changed the title of the thread from “This summer?” to “PNW get-together?”.
  • So far there's a ride planned for Mt Raineer, and one in the works for Mt St Helens. Setting up something for the coast would be fun. Newport maybe?

There's a couple FB groups for the PNW folks. Pacific Northwest SS, and Portland Area Slingshot Club Group.

• I'm in! If we have a gathering of all of the Oregon and SW Washington forum members, it will be the 3 of us at a chowder joint. Unless LargeCar is in town. Then it'll be 4 Slings. Maybe you can interface with the FB guys BryanL . We have a stretch of dry weather coming...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• We won't be in PNW until the first of September. We are now in a BBQ joint in Altus OK on a CMA state convention. Bout 400 to 450 in attendance in Medicine Park, we have the fifth wheel parked at the Fort Sill campground. But we will be up for a ride when we get there. You guys scout out all the good eatin places for us.

LC

• We went for the fast lap ride last night. Got up to 110 then put it in fifth gear and slowed to 100, I have got to fix that. Pasted almost all of the touring style bikes and a couple of sport bikes, could not even get close the Hayabusa. The most of them could out run me on the straights but I could catch them up in the corners, I know the road pretty good and the 25 mph posted corners are really more like 55 to 60. Just scuffed some old rubber off the tires. I need a stiffer sway/anti-sway bar for sure, had a little to much body roll for it to be real fun.

LC

• That's something I am definitely considering. Sounds like you were running two-up? My passenger really slows me down, but that's what arm punches do...

I would highly recommend it . I'm running DDMs bar on the stiffest setting and I love it.

• Guys we are back in the PNW. In Goldendale WA trying to help brother and sister in law out. Bro had a heart attack, then a stroke, now has lost over 19 pounds in three weeks. He has had problems eating and drinking. Been in ER several times. Our slingshot is still in Idaho, stupid Oregon law against RVers pulling doubles but truckers can pull triples. Don't get me started on that. Will try to get the sling soon, already having withdrawls. Keep y'all up to date as I can.

LC

• Wow LC that's some heavy baggage. Prayers to your brother and family. Sara and I are leaving Friday for a family reunion in Sunriver and will return in time to leave for Slingfest in Sundre, Alberta. Back on July 29th. Will you still be around then?

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• thanks guys. We are not sure how long we will be here. Maybe a couple weeks, couple months, half a year just not sure. We also have my mom in hospice in Milwaukie so only the Lord knows what will happen. We do plan on doing lots of riding while here, that is when we get Tripod in from Idaho.

LC