Trailer Cover

• Our covered trailer is not available for my run to Maggie Valley. I am interested in a waterproof trailer cover so I do not have to remove my race seat and harnesses or bag all of my gauges, (Yes, I'm being lazy, it's a pain in the ass) However, the ONLY option I have found that is actually listed as trailer-able is the Polaris one for around $465 and I have not found any used ones. Are there any other options that may be a little more cost effective or is anyone looking to sell one? I will likely use this thing MAYBE a handful of times as when my SS is parked, it is parked inside in our install bay and we are looking into another covered trailer low enough to get my SS in. My other thought was a waterproof cockpit cover and just trailer it backwards so it is not scooping where it lays across the windshield.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Kyle D i found the cover. If you would sir send me your address and I will try to get it coming your way.

Genuine Sling Shot Cover in bag

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• If anyone has the Polaris trailering cover and is going to be in Maggie Valley next month, I sure would like to see if it fits my slingshot with the Fab Factory top. Polaris says no, and the local dealer didn't want to open a box to let me try it on. Too much work for them to make a sale I guess ;(;(;(. Hate to spend almost $500 and find out that it doesn't fit. Same request here. If it does fit and anyone has one they want to sell (after EJ gets his). I'd be a buyer

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• If anyone has the Polaris trailering cover and is going to be in Maggie Valley next month, I sure would like to see if it fits my slingshot with the Fab Factory top. Polaris says no, and the local dealer didn't want to open a box to let me try it on. Too much work for them to make a sale I guess ;(;(;(. Hate to spend almost $500 and find out that it doesn't fit. Same request here. If it does fit and anyone has one they want to sell (after EJ gets his). I'd be a buyer

Fun the trailering cover will NOT fit with a TOP on the Slingshot. I have a F4 5+ windshield and extended mirrors and that stretches thing more than they should be stretched.

I'll have one in Maggie. You're more than welcome to test fit it to your Sling.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Dang, why s nothing easy any more? I'm not a marketing guru, but if I was one and worked for Polaris, I think I would have figured out by now that there are a few slingshots that are trailered to events that actually HAVE tops - some even have a POLARIS top. So why they don't offer and trailering cover that fits with a top is bind blowing, At what they charge for their covers, how can they NOT offer one? I can see their logic before they sold tops, but now? Really Polaris?

• Dang, why s nothing easy any more? I'm not a marketing guru, but if I was one and worked for Polaris, I think I would have figured out by now that there are a few slingshots that are trailered to events that actually HAVE tops - some even have a POLARIS top. So why they don't offer and trailering cover that fits with a top is bind blowing, At what they charge for their covers, how can they NOT offer one? I can see their logic before they sold tops, but now? Really Polaris?

I take it from your post that the Polaris trailering cover will not fit a Slingshot with a Twist Dynamics Top? IIRC, that's what I seem to have read. I was thinking about trying to find a regular car cover with a soft liner that I could then attach straps to try to secure it to the Slingshot to minimize cover movement. I have one of @kev's tow dollies so I'll be towing the Slingshot backwards. I expect the backwards towing position wil result in air getting trapped under the canvas of the TD Top and may also cause undue pressure on my MadStad Single Adjustable windshield. I've thought about taking the shield off and maybe the canvas, too.

• That is correct. The Covermax slingshot cover #107524 does fit my slingshot with the Fab Factory top. I heard that there is someone who uses it on his slingshot while it's being trailered, but he had extra hold-down straps sewn in as well as a padded liner added to protect the paint from being damaged. He's had great results and I was going to attempt that as well. But I haven't found a place out here that's willing to do the mods needed to make it work for me. the same story from the places I've tried - How much can I make from the job vs how much can I be sued if it damages your ride. Can't really blame them, but it sure sucks when the only option you have is to find someone willing to make you a custom cover complete from scratch and shell out about a GRAND to get one

• I take it from your post that the Polaris trailering cover will not fit a Slingshot with a Twist Dynamics Top? IIRC, that's what I seem to have read. I was thinking about trying to find a regular car cover with a soft liner that I could then attach straps to try to secure it to the Slingshot to minimize cover movement. I have one of kev's tow dollies so I'll be towing the Slingshot backwards. I expect the backwards towing position wil result in air getting trapped under the canvas of the TD Top and may also cause undue pressure on my MadStad Single Adjustable windshield. I've thought about taking the shield off and maybe the canvas, too.

Some of the guys have used the Polaris 'cock pit' cover when using the tow dolly. That will keep the interior and gages dry. Touch base with kev