Added led fog/turn signal lights

• I’ve encountered a weird problem and looking for some input and help. I’ve installed a set of led fog lights with a turn signal wire. With the engine not running, both turn signals work fine. With the engine running, the left turn signal works but the right kicks the indicator light into solid green but no signal lights. Same with the hazard lights. Engine off works, engine on no lights but the indicator light stays solid green. Wiring harness is Slingmods Fog light harness. Turn signals are tied into the wire that goes to the signal. Any ideas as to what might be going on?

• Numerous posts of this nature on this and other forums...

And it pretty much runs the same way...

Nobody has really figured this one out.

Closest anyone got to getting it to work was I believe, Nemesis1701 by installing relays.

Resisters between the Slingshot turn signals and your new device may be required but that goes beyond my knowledge.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Mine have been working pretty with no issues. I've since painted the Sling and changed the switchbacks to a different style, but all has worked.

Relays definitely needed. There's a thread here on my install, troubles and all...

Now it looks like this (new headlights too):

• Really nice! What type of lights are the ones on the lower air wing? I would like to just have fog lights on my 2016! Also what does the OEM blue plug hanging behind lower panel go to? Fog lights maybe. Did Polaris make an OEM foglight for that plug? Thanks.

Day’s are long, and year’s are short. Enjoy the long days:)

• Really nice! What type of lights are the ones on the lower air wing? I would like to just have fog lights on my 2016! Also what does the OEM blue plug hanging behind lower panel go to? Fog lights maybe. Did Polaris make an OEM foglight for that plug? Thanks.

I bought them on ebay... Long time ago, so can't access the link, but here's the title description. And yes, using the fog light kit from slingmods would work for constant on, but if you want them like blinkers, you need relay to tap into factory blinkers.

• I bought them on ebay... Long time ago, so can't access the link, but here's the title description. And yes, using the fog light kit from slingmods would work for constant on, but if you want them like blinkers, you need relay to tap into factory blinkers.

Blackvenom_SS

Is there any way you can post a simple diagram of how you wired the relay? I'm old school, if it flashed to fast you put in a heavy duty relay. I'm confused as to how to wire the relay into the system.

Thanks in advance

• Blackvenom_SS

Is there any way you can post a simple diagram of how you wired the relay? I'm old school, if it flashed to fast you put in a heavy duty relay. I'm confused as to how to wire the relay into the system.

Thanks in advance

I wish I remembered!

Like wokka said, try Erica's method or ask rabtech ...he helped me with mine and whatever thread it was, I believe has a picture...

• I wish I remembered!

Like wokka said, try Erica's method or ask rabtech ...he helped me with mine and whatever thread it was, I believe has a picture...

Erica sent me a drawing but I am confused as to where to tap the hot lead from the turn signal. I am convinced either I'm getting dumber or this stuff is getting harder.

• Hot lead should be any circuit that is on switched (meaning when your key is on). You will likely need to run a wire from the fuse block. That assumes you are referring to relay pin 30.

I just pulled power from the stock blinker wires, but it was tricky hooking the relay up right. Wish I knew how to search here easily... The thread might be titled, "help with switchbacks" or something like that...?

• Did you use your stock blinker wires for the trigger of the relay, or for the power input? The point of the relay is to not draw full current, but turn it on and pull power from elsewhere.

I used the Plug N' Play OEM Blinker & Running Light Power Integration Harness

and the Fog Light Relay Harness Kit. The Fog lights, (red wire and black wire was tied to that Fog Light Harness). I tapped the yellow wire for the turn signals to the Blinker and Running Light Harness yellow wire. Everything works fine as long as the engine is not running. At that time I start the engine, the left turn signal works as does the fog light but the right will flash once very fast then lock the dash indicator light both turn signals until i start it again. I'm at a loss as to where to put the relay in the system. I would like the option of turning the fog lights off since I haven't had it out at night and don't know how bright they are. Seems the simple 3 wire setup is not simple.