learning new things

• I havent taken a drive yet with the windslayer on the gopro, but there are several reviews like this one on youtube

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Edward Neal is there a remote mic input for your camera? If so, you could mount one near your exhaust exit to capture it and perhaps eliminate wind noise as well, depending on the exhaust you have.

I got the gopro hero 7 white - which does not have an external mike option

• okay so I have a few extra mounts - should I stick one on my wifes car?

• Yes... but not *on* your wife.

That adhesive stuff hurts when you pull it off.

Just sayin'

good point Doc&Ruby I will be careful - - as a side note when am I going to see some of the results from that new camera of yours??

• good point Doc&Ruby I will be careful - - as a side note when am I going to see some of the results from that new camera of yours??

End of semester, graduation, & Mother's Day being over, I hope to have some more time to dig into the camera.

Going to San Antonio later this week, probably have time for extensive camera work when I get back. Kinda frustrating having a new toy & no time to play!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• End of semester, graduation, & Mother's Day being over, I hope to have some more time to dig into the camera.

Going to San Antonio later this week, probably have time for extensive camera work when I get back. Kinda frustrating having a new toy & no time to play!

When are you expecting to get into San Antonio? And what part of town will you be staying in? Depending on the weather maybe we can get a ride in while you are here. And Wednesday night Alamo Cycle Plex is having a bike night so if you are here may be a good stop for you.

• When are you expecting to get into San Antonio? And what part of town will you be staying in? Depending on the weather maybe we can get a ride in while you are here. And Wednesday night Alamo Cycle Plex is having a bike night so if you are here may be a good stop for you.

russaggie

Coming into San Antonio Wednesday afternoon. I'm in town to see one of my brothers who is in poor health right now.

The plan is for me to see him Wed & Thurs. Plan was for me to join some other forum members Friday afternoon/evening, then ride Saturday, head home Sunday.

Weather is looking ify now, don't really want to drive home 9 hours in the rain. If the weather looks poor, I may take off Friday morning or Saturday morning - just not sure right now, but I will post here when I know more.

In any case, thanks for the kind invite!

• End of semester, graduation, & Mother's Day being over, I hope to have some more time to dig into the camera.

if you are driving to San Antonio mount the camera and record some of the ride - then you will have something to play with on your computer when you do have some time

• Tried out my windslayer foam wind shield this morning - it actually works pretty well, Took a ride out highway 111 to windy point as a part of my ride this morning which is about the toughest test I could have thought of - hit over 80MPH and there were very strong gusting winds that were actually moving the Slingshot around - its not perfect, but it sure makes the wind noise less objectionable

• another thing that I have discovered is that for longer rides it really helps to have an external power source - I have been using an Anker PowerCore 20100 mAh power bank. I put it in the glove box and the cord easily reaches my windshield mount location, for the fin mount I can use the cigarette lighter power plug that is there. If I want to record a long ride from my nose mount I will have to rig something, but that can wait - - Also the windslayer foam covers the power port so it wont work with an external power source - I could cut a hole, but its right next to one of the cameras microphones so that is not a great idea

oh and if anyone wants to know why I am using the Anker and not the usb plug in the glove box it because I use that USB port for a thumb drive with my music on it

• Tried out my windslayer foam wind shield this morning - it actually works pretty well, Took a ride out highway 111 to windy point as a part of my ride this morning which is about the toughest test I could have thought of - hit over 80MPH and there were very strong gusting winds that were actually moving the Slingshot around - its not perfect, but it sure makes the wind noise less objectionable

Thanks for the test... going to get one for my SJ8 camera!

• Thanks for the test... going to get one for my SJ8 camera!

good deal, it actually works fairly well, this ride out to windy point was about a extreme of a test as I could find - very high gusting winds out there that day - here is a video of the ride I took up to the tram right before I did that test and I was also using the windslayer foam - only wind in this was from the speed I was driving - check it out, it really cuts the wind noise down to where it isnt bothersome at all

• Edward Neal you mentioned using a power brick for longer runs with the gopro, but I went looking for something permanent for power and found this : https://www.amazon.com/Convert…Smartphone/dp/B07H7X37T6/

I was originally looking for just a 12v to USB waterproof item and I'd put a short cable in place, something like this : https://www.amazon.com/convert…t-charging/dp/B07DSBTJ3Z/ but the first one has one less piece to mess with. This one does have two outputs though, and they have options for single output.

• Edward Neal you mentioned using a power brick for longer runs with the gopro, but I went looking for something permanent for power and found this : https://www.amazon.com/Convert…Smartphone/dp/B07H7X37T6/

I was originally looking for just a 12v to USB waterproof item and I'd put a short cable in place, something like this : https://www.amazon.com/convert…t-charging/dp/B07DSBTJ3Z/ but the first one has one less piece to mess with. This one does have two outputs though, and they have options for single output.

Thank you, that might be just what I need if I decide to put a usb power port some place near the nose. for my mount by the windshield the cable reached the glove box where I can either use the existing port or as said a power bank and my fin mounting location has the power port right there

still not sure if I will use the nose location enough the justify installing a power port, but if I do these links are helpful - thanks again