learning new things

• okay I want opinions. Are ride videos better if they show the cockpit and a bit of the people in the slingshot like the ones I have done with the camera at the base of the fin, or do you think they are better when the camera is on the front where you dont see the cockpit or riders?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Actually, I prefer the front camera, but I'd say mix it up and do both :) I know that means two cameras or just two moving it between the two and mixing up the videos a bit.

I know you mentioned editing takes a while, but unedited video is usually pretty boring and you need to edit for content.

Good luck, video editing is VERY time consuming.

Last one I did took about 18 hours of work for a 5 minute video, but it had a lot of changes and transitions, like opening a door to show a different video in the door way. Fun stuff, but takes a long time to do.

• I will be adding a second mount up front either right on the windshield or behind it looking over. I like where I currently have it, but it wont work with the top on. I was also thinking a mount way up front on the nose right between the two center lights might offer a very cool perspective.

• I hadn't thought of that, but I think it would be a cool perspective.

do you think one of the gopro adhesive mounts would hold on the nose piece? Of course I would clean it well with alcohol, but I wonder about it being slightly textured - sure would hate to lose the camera

• I do not know, but it if it were me, I'd put it upside down on the front splitter, you could put small screws going up and they wouldn't be seen unless you laid on the ground and looked up. That's how I mounted my front video camera for now.

have you got any pictures?

• AS a side note you are helping me think of new ideas, I will have to take a closer look at the front of the slingshot when I get home - perhpse upside down under the nose piece in front of the grill - - - -hmmmmmmm

• Zoom in on this pic : LNVUdyN.jpg

Yea - - - I would be afraid to put it down there to exposed for my taste, but I do like the upside down idea, I hadn't even thought about that

• as a side note I would love to see a video clip from that perspective - I would bet that you get a real feeling of speed that close to the ground

• I don't think I can record with my head unit, and while it's just an RCA video plug, putting something in there to record with may be a hassle. Also, since technically that's a cheap rear-view camera, it's got a fish-eye lens on it, so it's a bit distorted.

It is kinda cool to view it while driving sometimes.

It's there to keep me from hitting anymore curbs. Once was enough for me, skinned up the bottom of my splitter (not bad), but knew it would happen if I didn't have something there.

• I don't think I can record with my head unit, and while it's just an RCA video plug, putting something in there to record with may be a hassle. Also, since technically that's a cheap rear-view camera, it's got a fish-eye lens on it, so it's a bit distorted.

It is kinda cool to view it while driving sometimes.

It's there to keep me from hitting anymore curbs. Once was enough for me, skinned up the bottom of my splitter (not bad), but knew it would happen if I didn't have something there.

oh, I didnt realize what type of camera it was - just assumed you were doing action videos with it

• well, if someone really wanted their camera down that low you could always get this Slingshot tow bar and put the camera on it. just take the hook off and make a mount to hold the camera using the two screws that hold the hook

sure would provide some added protection 8o

• yeah, we've already discussed that, and it's a pretty cheap camera. I bought some material to build something to protect it, just haven't had time. Once I get it done and if it looks good, will post up some info.

I dug thru my box of save this some day you will need it crap and found a rubber cap that fit over the camera - Works great since I only really use mine for pulling into the trailer. That is a great location for view but I can assure you something will jump up off the road and claim that camera.

I know a thing or two cuz I have seen a thing or two. Have a box of broken cameras to prove it

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I dug thru my box of save this some day you will need it crap and found a rubber cap that fit over the camera - Works great since I only really use mine for pulling into the trailer. That is a great location for view but I can assure you something will jump up off the road and claim that camera.

I know a thing or two cuz I have seen a thing or two. Have a box of broken cameras to prove it

Oh I know, it's just a matter of when... I need to get off my ass and build what I have in mind, will 98.5% protect my camera