learning new things

• well I got my first GoPro yesterday so I am trying to learn how make some videos. Shot in its full resolution on the ride to work this morning and when I looked at what it recorded it had cut it into t "chapters" didnt know that it would do this, but apparently its normal. So the first thing I had to figure out was how to put the two parts back into one. After I figured that out I decided I needed to learn how to use youtube. Actually very easy, but the first time up it restricted my video because some of the music on my radio was recognized as copyrighted - so then I learned how to have it remove those parts - Any this is my first shot at a video - my ride to work lousy sound, but its a start

https://youtu.be/Wip8dpTaNYo

next time I wile drop the resolution to 1080P I think it will look better for sharing with the normal HD format - also need to learn how to replace the sound with some music, but something not copyrighted - youtube has music, but I think I would rather pick my own

anyway - I am doing this on a mac so if any of you have any helpful hints or suggestions please help a video newbie

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• What do you mean that it cut it into chapters and how did you work around that. How long was each chapter

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

• I've got my eye on a SJ8 Pro camera, similar to GoPro, and I've never had one of these either.

Your positive experience with this new tech is encouraging!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• okay, this is another try, this time I shot in 1080p to better fit most screens and I didnt run the radio so no issues with youtube saying it was copyrighted

be sure to use the gear at the bottom right of the screen to set the quality at 1080

also figured out how to post straight here without it being a link :thumbsup:

• My wife got a GoPro Hero 7 I think from her job for free. She knew I wanted one really bad for vacations and adventures. We received it in the mail about 7 months ago and have yet to even open the darn thing......smh. I didn't install it when I had my Goldwing, so not sure if I'll even try to figure the thing out when I start cruising in the SS. Good luck working with yours. I may just use mine for vacations only or something unless I come across some really cool vids shot with the GoPro from the SS.

Be safe and God bless!

• Nice job, video looks great! Color is excellent, definition is spot on, no trouble seeing details in the shadows.

Just two questions...

Were you using image stabilization?

Would you give a short 'how to' on posting videos directly? I've tried this without success.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• My wife got a GoPro Hero 7 I think from her job for free. She knew I wanted one really bad for vacations and adventures. We received it in the mail about 7 months ago and have yet to even open the darn thing......smh. I didn't install it when I had my Goldwing, so not sure if I'll even try to figure the thing out when I start cruising in the SS. Good luck working with yours. I may just use mine for vacations only or something unless I come across some really cool vids shot with the GoPro from the SS.

I got the Hero 7 White. my wife and I were looking at the top of the line Black at Costco, but I just didnt see any need to have the 4k 60p or the 4k 30p of the Silver, Heck we dont even have a 4k tv so I couldn't view it anyway, the 1440 and 1080p of the White seemed more than enough for my needs and it is a good amount less $$. The Black is also supposed to have better stabilization than the Silver or the White, but so far the White seems pretty darn smooth to me - so far I am very happy with my decision and I am having fun learning how to make ride videos. I also think it will be a great vacation camera with the grand kids and being waterproof is a huge plus around the beach or pool

• added a sound track

• like the sound track- sounds like late 70's Maynard Ferguson!

its one of the non copyrighted things that youtube has in their audio section - - they are very restrictive on copyrighted things - they will block the video if it has recognizable stuff thats protected - even the radio playing in the background

Still trying to learn this video / audio stuff and if I am going to use music I will need to find a better source of stuff I like that is not protected.

• What do you mean that it cut it into chapters and how did you work around that. How long was each chapter

Ok so who is next. Haters are gonna hate regardless

apparently because of the way computers store files the gopro cuts long recordings into sections. in the case of my first video in was two sections each a bit longer than 13 minutes. on another test that was a few minutes longer I got three "chapters" 2 a bit longer than 13 minutes and a third short one of about 3 minutes. If this were played back through the camera it would automatically deal with it and play them as if it were one longer video. I downloaded the files off of the camera and used a free program I found called "mp4 joiner" that puts the chapters back together as a single file. from what I understand this can also be done easily in other editing software, but I havent gotten that far yet

this tells more about the chapters gopro split video files

• Lookup NCS(non copyright sounds) website it has tons of different clips from many different artist that can be used for non commercial purposes for free.

thank you. I will check this. I havent delved into adding music in my movie editing software yet, but thats coming soon. The music I added to these was done right in youtube using their audio library its a very slow process that I wouldnt want to use every time, but was needed to overwrite the copyrighted music from the Slingshots radio that youtube objected to

• As a side note, I am having fun with this. In the past I have been very good at the art of "photoshop" and adjusting and editing still images, heck I am an expert at giving the ladies perfect skin, but this video is a completely different animal with a great deal to learn if I want to take it beyond the basics - it is going to give me something to play with, but I need to get out and do more filming first :thumbsup:

• I just ordered these wind protectors Windslayers

I would really like to capture the sounds of the motor without the obnoxious wind sound. Saw a video where I guy tried this when filming from his racing go-kart at over 70 mph and it seemed to really help - I think ride videos would be better without any added sound track