Slingshot NA Tunes Ready For Purchase

• Kyle D are you going to be able to program ECM's at the Huntsville event?

maverick5990 If you want to get tuned in Huntsville, I will bring 2-3 spare PCMs with me and I will tune one of my unlocked PCMs there for you and exchange PCMs with you and keep yours. That is definitely not a problem.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I could be interested in this as well. I'm flying in and could bring my brain with me. What might convince me is a before and after ride ( maverick5990 ?) to assess the benefits.

Kyle D are all Slingshot PCMs the same? I have a '16.5.

SlingLow all Slingshot PCMs are the same and I can use my SS to flash your NEW PCM.

Edited once, last by Kyle D ().

• SlingLow all brains are the same and I can use my SS to flash your PCM.

Wanna bet? You forgot to say 'Slingshot'.

So no swap? Swapping makes me wonder about the little bit of warranty I have left. I hope to hear some testimonials before the homecoming rally. Do you have any reflashes under your belt yet or is this still brand new?

Thanks for the quick response Kyle D , you continue to impress!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Wanna bet? You forgot to say 'Slingshot'.

So no swap? Swapping makes me wonder about the little bit of warranty I have left. I hope to hear some testimonials before the homecoming rally. Do you have any reflashes under your belt yet or is this still brand new?

Thanks for the quick response Kyle D , you continue to impress!

SlingLow Sorry, I worded that horribly. My apologies. That's what I get for responding while going through 300+ emails. I would need to keep your original PCM and I could use my SS to flash your NEW PCM. I do not think anyone would ever know you swapped a PCM out. It's only been on the 18 SLR we developed it on which the owner never drove because he decided he wanted a turbo kit the day before he picked it up and my 15 SL for a few spirited laps around our proving grounds in "Mexico". I've got 4ppl who have contacted me via my instagram page (insert shameless plug :00008356:) Mr._Slingshot that are planning on purchasing the tune but I am not sure any of them are on here. I try to answer on here as quickly as possible to keep myself in good standings with the masses.

• As far as NA guinea pig, I will be sending one pcm to get flashed this weekend and I will be able to compare to the other tune since my ny sling has bobs tune.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Subbed for info. :-)

Where is the PCM located on the SS? Just curious now.

It is located on the drivers side near the firewall and has three cables going to it.

Here is a picture of mine with a warning tag I added.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• I'm not sure what all data it logs but I remember Bob telling me exactly how many hours were on my sling at the time of the tune

Could be other data lost also

• I'm not sure what all data it logs but I remember Bob telling me exactly how many hours were on my sling at the time of the tune

Could be other data lost also

It doesn't log anything that would be relevant or needed for the SS to function properly. Swapping out PCMs is not a big issue.

• Btw today I sent my ECU I paid for nextday shipping both ways so we will see how long the whole ordeal takes so others concerned with downtime can have a pretty good idea and piece of advice for anyone shipping it "nextday/overnight" use USPS vs UPS, the difference for round trip between the two was $155.:00008698:

YMMV based on location.

• Shipping distance does have an affect on it. We recently had to overnight a laptop, it was only about 400 miles away, was $22 with fedex, and that included $1000 of insurance.

I was flabbergasted over how affordable it was.

Good data though Neosolidus, thanks.

for me UPS was $~104 each way and USPS was $26 .... I was like holy shit batman that's a big difference

• It's ultimately going to come down to what time CBM receives the PCM and what their work load is for the day. You have to remember we are in the prime start to race season which mean all automotive companies are extremely busy. While CBM is really good at getting things turned around you should always plan for 1-3 business days. So far I think the longest anyone has had to wait was 2 business days and it was because the sender had no order info, no note, and no return address. They just sent a random PCM in a box.

In my experience, most high volume companies would just put it to the side until someone called looking for their PCM since the sender didn't care to give any info at all. But Chris called me, we narrowed it down, I contacted the customer I thought it was and got the info and Chris got it out the next day.

You also have to take into consideration that the vast majority of companies out there are not like ZZP and ONLY work traditional hours of 9-5 Mon-Fri. So once it hits Friday at 5pm you won't typically hear from most companies until sometime on Monday or Tuesday. Sadly that is just industry standard. I'm not saying that CBM has never gotten a PCM turned around same day, a lot of times they do, but it just should not be an expectation.

• ONLY work traditional hours of 9-5 Mon-Fri.

Ahhhhh you know sometimes i forget that not everyone is on call 24/7 and that 9-5 work days are a thing... :00008084:

PS earlier when I said next Friday i meant Friday May 3rd which is 7 working days !