Slingshot NA Tunes Ready For Purchase

• Just got a message that the ECM was delivered so leaving the office to go install and give it a first quick spin.

Full review will be later but I can say in advance Kyle D has been a pleasure to deal with.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Roundtrip took 8 days, and looking at the calendar, 5 business days including shipping. That's really good

It took 9 days (7 business days) and that was with overnight shipping both ways so people using UPS ground add another 8-10 days to that.

Now onto the meat of the post, the tune has woken up the sling all I could do was a short 1 mile lap around the house because i am running late on time for date night but it is as fast and responsive as my other sling that has Bob's tune, I will put it through the paces tomorrow during a local ride after Cars and Coffee.

So far the only "issue" has been that it threw some codes ECM related(0 630[checksum error] and 1 65582[Non volatile ram error] ) which Kyle says that are not an issue and will clear on their own after a learning period of a few cycles .

Once again I want to thanks Kyle D for his patience with me and answering all my question in a timely manner.

• So yesterday put about 250 or so miles on the new tune, CEL went away after the first 10 mile stop-start cycle so that is back to normal which is great.

The tune fixes the low end hesitation which was expected based on how other tunes work so the tune is meeting my expectations(or exceeding them based on price :thumbsup: ) , definitely recommend it to anyone with a NA setup.

Also I want to mention that I am running 91 oct Ethanol free gas with it and while almost everything has been great there is one little quick that the tune introduced which will be very annoying in stop/go traffic and every time coming to a stop.

It seems like the sling is not getting enough gas for idle (~700 rpms now vs ~1k before) so when coming to a stop the sling seems like it wants to stall which trigger my response to give it gas so pretty much every stop I sound douche revving the sling to "show off, rush people in front, or any other douchy interpretation of revving vehicles randomly" which is rather annoying specially when next to a cop :POKESS:.

• I have found out that the other tuner sets his idle to 1k, how my stock sling got there I don't know it had been like that for as long as I remember.

The only explanation I can possibly think is that Henry(RIP Alpha 😭 ) could have adjusted something but that is just a wild guess, otherwise I have no idea.

Since both of them idled around the same and never had an issue I just thought it was normal.

• Neosolidus I can raise your idle RPM to 1000RPMs if you want to send me your PCM. You can send it the next time you go to NY and won't need it. I'll just make that change in the tune for everyone going forward. Thank you for the feedback.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

Edited once, last by Kyle D ().

• Neosolidus I can raise your idle RPM to 1000RPMs if you want to send me your PCM. You can send it the next time you go to NY and won't need it.

Yep that is what I figured I would do once there will be down time, maybe after the very short riding season is over.

Main reason for posting it is so it can maybe be corrected for other people from the get go in the future, as long as no other quirks develop this is not bad enough to for me to send it in before the 2 months of riding weather are over.

Once again I want to reiterate that the gains with the tune have been great and don't let my comment regarding the little quirk make anyone think I am dissatisfied, quite the contrary I had a few locals ride on it Saturday and compare it to theirs(stock) and the difference is night and day and many couldn't believe the difference it made.

• The black boxes are just wire connector plugs that go into the ECU. The ECU is what is advertised and pictured there.

The reason I was confused is....I was thinking desk top computer and the thing with the heat sink was the motherboard with wires plugged into it and the black boxes were processors plugged into the motherboard....

Similar to this...

I had everything upside down....

That was why I couldn’t figure out which of the 3 black boxes you had to send to get reprogrammed...