Slingshot locks

• Does the Digital Guard Dawg draw any power when parked?

When the switch is off (when properly installed like Neosolidus mentioned) it uses no power.... it's just off. When you switch it on, it looks for the fob and uses just enough power to do that. If it finds the fob and connects, it energizes the SS just like turning on the key would. If it doesn't find the fob, it goes into sleep mode and waits. Sometimes the fob is in sleep mode also, but a gentle tap on my pocket that it's in will usually wake it up. If not, there's a button on the fob, and that will always wake it up (unless the battery in the fob dies of course).

• Taking a quote from Farmers Ins.

Hope this was tested using a CO2 fire extinguisher freezing the lock then a hard hammer hit to shatter it was preformed?

I know a thing or to, because I’ve seen a thing or two.

• When the switch is off (when properly installed like Neosolidus mentioned) it uses no power.... it's just off. When you switch it on, it looks for the fob and uses just enough power to do that. If it finds the fob and connects, it energizes the SS just like turning on the key would. If it doesn't find the fob, it goes into sleep mode and waits. Sometimes the fob is in sleep mode also, but a gentle tap on my pocket that it's in will usually wake it up. If not, there's a button on the fob, and that will always wake it up (unless the battery in the fob dies of course).

thank you - :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Taking a quote from Farmers Ins.

Hope this was tested using a CO2 fire extinguisher freezing the lock then a hard hammer hit to shatter it was preformed?

I know a thing or to, because I’ve seen a thing or two.

when it comes down to it, there is nothing you can realistically do to prevent a motivated person from stealing the SS so to me it is really funny when someone starts questioning locks or w/e security measure saying "That would be easy to cut" or "A hammer will pop that open in a jiffy"

All the measures that most of us do are just to deter mediocre crooks as well as disrespectful Selfie addicts, but again I am from NY where back in the late 80/90s having a "nice" vehicle and parking on some neighborhoods would equal either not finding the vehicle or just finding a chassis on concrete block with the engine as well as anything of importance gone, so my view on car thieves is that IF they want it they WILL get it, nothing you can do about other than have good insurance.

Heck I remember a story about a guy who drilled into the street and created some sort of anchor for wheel chains and one day he just found the 4 wheels with a note "we could have taken the wheels too but didn't feel like it". :POKESS:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Since the SlingShot is so rare in this corner of the country anybody dumb enuff to ride around in a stolen SlingShot would very quickly get picked up. The only way a thief could get anything out of one here would be to transport it out of the area. What we hope for if our SlingShot is ever stolen is that it is never found, or totaled out, so we can take the insurance money and start afresh with another 2015, or possibly a 16. :)

Bill

• with any car or truck locks and security devices are really only there to stop the joyriders - a serious thief will get it no matter how it is secured

My Street cuffs are really just my attempt to keep the kids off and perhaps to lull me into thinking it is a bit more secure when I walk away

in the end the important thing is the insurance

• A visual deterrent is better than nothing......if the thief thinks he’s going to have to work to get it...hopefully they’ll pass it for an easier target. With everyone leaving their car doors unlocked the odds are pretty high they can find one in short order.

• Yep.......One day some wandering soul might roam bye and remove the key for a souvenir .....

Most of the time I do pull the keys and cover the Slingshot with the cockpit cover when staying at a motel. Most of the time when staying at a motel they will let me park under the canopy at the front door. Smile and a picture in the slingshot goes a long way. I'm just not as worried as some.

• with any car or truck locks and security devices are really only there to stop the joyriders - a serious thief will get it no matter how it is secured

My Street cuffs are really just my attempt to keep the kids off and perhaps to lull me into thinking it is a bit more secure when I walk away

in the end the important thing is the insurance

Locks only keep the mostly honest.... honest. Like I said before, mine is not as jazzed up as others, so likely if there's another one nearby, a thief would want that. Back before I got the SS, and I would travel with the Harley most of the time, I put it under a "no name" cover at night, and it was one that covered all the way so you couldn't see the rims. It was still a nice Harley, but it just looked like a bike of some brand with the cover on. A buddy of mine carried a Kawasaki cover and put over his. Not banging on Kawasaki, but they didn't bring the $$$ like Harley would. He'd just shrug and say, "Whatever works best...."

• I took some pictures of my driveway locking system.

This chain is as thick as my finger ^

This is the chain wrapped around the torsion bar and coming through the front wheel.

The master club is on the steering wheel and then bright orange cable is to remind me about the chain around the wheel.

If you use any type of wheel locks or brake rotor locks you need to have a highly visable reminder so you can remove it before you drive away.

• another thing I like about the street cuffs is how nicely they fit in the bottom of the driver side storage compartment - its almost like that odd shaped space was actually made for them

i-45PG32R-X2.jpg