camera mounts

• The recent thread introducing the new ZZP roll hoop camera mount got me inspired to finally order the GoPro camera I wanted. Now that it is on its way I am thinking about where I want to mount it. the new ZZP mount is great, but the roll hoop will not work with my top. I am thinking that I might make a mount that comes off the wind screen center support and holds it just above the wind screen.

Anyway I figured since I have time to kill waiting for my camera to get here I would love to see how you have mounted yours

so please, if you have some unique way that you mounted a camera on your slingshot - please show me

Thanks

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• up until now I have had both of mine mounted with my original Gopro(2009) suction cup mount it has never failed me.

It looks like this but mine is a gopro branded one but you get the idea.

https://www.amazon.com/GOMA-In…electronics%2C155&sr=1-21

what do you suction it to? wind screen?

• I didn't grab a pic of it, should have, but saw a SS this weekend with something like this : https://www.amazon.com/AmazonB…-for-GoPro/dp/B00XNKW45I/ and they had mounted it on the front of the rear fin, about 3/4 of the way up, high enough it would clear their windshield. They did not have a top.

Was an interesting setup and simple.

• Edward Neal one of the was right next to the hoops attached to the flat body space between the hoop and fin.

The other varied either up front attached the the lower brow or on the rear deck facing backwards.

Never had the issue of loosing a camera(usual complain about suction cup mounts) so my advise for the mount is go brand name, like I said I have the original GoPro mount that came with my GoPro 1* bought back in 2009 and it has never failed.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Ram Mounts makes one that screws into the center support and then angles up and holds the camera just above the windshield. They run about $60. You could probably piece it together for a little less at http://www.gpscity.com Below is a link to where I have one of mine mounted. It's right on the flat part where the fin comes down between driver and passenger. While I like the view angle from here, I like the view better from our new mount but I know that won't work with your top.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• this is my GoPro mount and it hasn't moved in 4 years. Very solid and works for my 360 Fly as well.

that looks great and would be good when I do not have the top installed, but with the MeanSling top in place it would block the cameras view

would like to see where people with tops mount the camera

• that looks great and would be good when I do not have the top installed, but with the MeanSling top in place it would block the cameras view

would like to see where people with tops mount the camera

I mount mine using the DDM Ripper windshield mount with Ram mounts.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• thank you all for the replies for now I have gone with the base of the fin with the included adhesive mount

i-tJ54VDv-XL.jpg

i-KfZbB6b-XL.jpg

I am thinking I might put the other adhesive mount on the roll hoop like Shatneyman has it, but still not sure I trust the adhesive to hold - at least if the one at the base of the fin comes off it should fall inside the slingshot - in the instructions that say these mounts can be removed with the heat from a blow dryer and with our 110 degree plus summer days - - - well I just don't know

anyway thanks again for the input - I am still going to try to make something up front for when I have the top on, but for now this will do

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().