check this out

• Our forum friend Ruptured Duck is in the process of developing simple mirror extensions to be offered either as a stand alone product or as an option to go with the Sports Top, I have been fortunate enough to be offered a chance to test this for Patrick and I received it from him today.

I love new things and mods so I couldn't wait and got out in the garage and installed them almost immediately after opening the box. I have to say I really like them, they are simple and the install was very straight forward even without any input or instructions. I chose to put the extensions under the mounts for my Sport top so the mirrors would be lower and I really like it, it makes the mirrors more easily adjusted and it also opens up the access to the screws that hold the arms for the top making that easier to put on or take off.

Anyway so far I think these are great and if you have the sports top and dont already have mirror extenders I highly recommend you consider these when they are made available -

here are some snaps that show how well they hold the mirror in conjunction with the Sports Top A-arm mounts

i-sxMtjFn-X2.jpg

i-svjvGNg-X2.jpg

I love my Sports top, and these along with the lift assist are the perfect additional touches that take a step further

Thanks again Patrick for allowing me the honor of testing this for you :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I have been thinking that ball-lock pins would be really nice so to be able to quickly remove/install the A-arms with the top, but with the present system there is not enough clearance. I can see that with the addition of these extensions, then using ball-lock pins would be made possible.......................:/

https://5.imimg.com/data5/DH/EL/MY-5468230/ball-lock-pin-500x500.jpg

Another quick question, there is a known issue of the driver's side mirror liking to vibrate, does this extension possible do something to help eliminate that issue?

Bill

• I to have been thinking of trying some pins and you are correct with the mirrors now off to the side the access to the mounting holes to do this is totally clear

As to vibration I have never had a real problem, I Think the mirrors are very stable on the extensions - they are very thick steel - there is no give - I actually think it is more secure than it was when the mirror was directly on top of the A-arm mounts with that long bolt

• I have been thinking that ball-lock pins would be really nice so to be able to quickly remove/install the A-arms with the top, but with the present system there is not enough clearance. I can see that with the addition of these extensions, then using ball-lock pins would be made possible.......................:/

https://5.imimg.com/data5/DH/EL/MY-5468230/ball-lock-pin-500x500.jpg

I was thinking of trying these, but I like the looks of the ball lock pins better

• I think the next time I go to home depot I will check out their pins. I saw they have drawer full of different sizes of them in the hardware section. If I remember I will take the A-Arm with me.

• An update. I took my first real drive with the mirror extensions this morning and I have to say I really like them very stable and having the mirrors not on top of the a-arm mounts means I can adjust them without worrying about moving the A-arm mounts. The extensions are very solid and if anything the mirrors are more solid than they were before.

• Just a thought about usings pins for the top. With all the movement there might be a chance of elongating the holes. Maybe?

if the pins are the same diameter as the bolts I dont see why they would, with the top closed there really isnt any movement to speak of

on the other hand it really isnt that hard to toss the 10mm wrench and allen wrench in the glove box after I put the top on to have with me in case I decide to remove it before I get home.

its not like we have top removal races and it only takes a few minutes as it is