Car wreck and safety recall

• Last year girlfriend wrecked her car into the lady in front of her. We blamed it on a recent tar and chip application to the road....it was raining....making it we thought slippery....

Today she gets a recall notice from Subaru going back to 2013 models about a faulty brake light switch which can adversely affect the ABS brakes. So did her car actually go into a skid and out of control because of an ABS failure?

1. She’s been charged with the crash because she hit the car in front of her.

2. Her car insurance rate went up.

3. It cost her a $500 deductible.

What recourse does she have?

• https://www.cbsnews.com/news/s…osstrek-today-2019-03-02/

"Subaru is recalling 1.3 million vehicles in the U.S. because the brake lights may not illuminate properly. The recall covers certain 2014 to 2016 Forester, 2008 through 2016 Impreza and 2013 through 2017 Crosstrek vehicles.

Subaru said cleaning products containing silicone can emit a gas that can seep into the brake lamp switch and cut off the electrical contact. That can stop the brake lights from working but brakes will still function.

The automaker said the problem doesn't happen very often. It has only 33 reports in the U.S.

Subaru said it discovered the problem. It will reach out to affected customers and replace the switch."

https://247wallst.com/autos/20…aulty-brake-light-switch/

"Vehicles included in the recall are Impreza sedans and Forester and Crosstrek sport utility vehicles built between 2008 and 2017. As planned, the recall will include specific vehicles only. If the recall is expanded to include all that were built during those years, the recall will hit about 2 million vehicles, more than the Takata recall.

The recall will fix a problem with the brake light switch located behind the vehicle’s brake pedal. In some cars, some silicone-based products used to clean auto interiors can seep into the switch housing that could cause the vehicle’s brake light not to come on when the driver steps on the brake.

Stepping on the brake pedal still produces its predictable outcome — stopping the car safely. The brake lights may not work, but the brakes themselves are not affected by the flawed switch.

Non-functioning brake lights raise the risk of a rear-end collision. A Subaru spokesperson told CNET that it has received approximately 20 reports of the issue from customers. The Wall Street Journal reported that the company has received a total of 1,399 complaints.

U.S. owners of affected models will receive a written notice from Subaru within the next 60 days.

• Sadly you are wasting your time Bill.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Go to the Subaru forum. Please.

I know you won't but I tried.

I went to 2 different Subaru forums and searching the word recall didn’t bring up anything.....probably get banned for using that word....

They have admitted you could wreck your car....are they offering compensation? And the issue goes back to 2008...... good luck getting a check..

• None......Following too closely for the road conditions ....

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......